Fourteen

I ran all the way to the city which took an hour and a half by foot. Big skyscrapers that curved into weird shapes stood tall. Aliens of all kinds walked the streets.

  Even some human women, some walked by themselves with smiles on their faces and others walked with aliens. Maybe some women actually liked this alternative to earth.

  It was an adventure no doubt but was it really one I wanted to take? I didn't think much before I entered a building that read "transferring identification".

  Max had been teaching me to read a few of the alien languages here. I wasn't proficient but I could hold a conversation.

  I entered and walked up to the white desk where a petite green woman with seaweed hair sat typing on what I assumed to be a computer.

  The whole building was white. White floor to white walls. White chairs and a white desk. Even the lady's clothes were white. Her green skin was practically glowing next to all the freaking white.

  "Ghorr mor?" She asked.

"Besi?" (English?) I asked. Max had taught me how to say English in almost every language she was programmed in.

  "Ah! You must be from earth!" She squirmed in her seat excitedly. "I've heard all about your people but you are my first official human costumer!" She squealed.

  "What can I do for you?" Her big smile was kinda creeping me out.

  "Um I'd like to transfer to another city? Preferably in the countryside somewhere." She nodded her head and started typing away.

  "I've found two houses in the countryside in a city two miles from here, would you like more information?" She asked with bright eyes.

   "No I'd like a city very far away from this one." Don't be suspicious, don't be suspicious.

  "Ah well let's see what I can do for you then," she typed for a few more minutes as I stared at the clock.

  It's almost been two hours. The general has one more hour and he'll be here. The nervousness at being caught was killing me.

  "Ok I think I found you a nice little house in the country side!" She smiled and flipped the screen.

  It was a small little hovel compared to the generals castle but it had everything I would need. A bed, a toilet, and a little kitchen. The land around it was even suited to gardening so I wouldn't have to risk going to the store too often.

   The catch? The winters were brutal.

  "I'll take it. Give me the information please." I was trying to hurry this along.

  "It's located in the south of Miro in a city called Nepa. It's a small city and your cottage is fifteen miles away from the center of the town. Your house is called pembroke house. It was previously owned in the year 8905 but has sense not been occupied." She smiled as my mouth dropped at the information she revealed.

  "What year is it now?" I asked in wonder.

  "The year of 43009." She smiled unblinking. Creepy.

  I shivered, "how much is it?"

  She giggled, "Housing for humans is free up to five years. You're first payment with be five tiz at the start of year 43014." She smiled and handed me a transportation ticket and the keys to my new house.

  She scanned my thumb and closed the files on all of the information.

"I wish you the best human!" She smiled.

  She was actually a really nice alien. Great now I feel like a dick for calling her creepy inside my head.

  I turned around and walked as fast as I could to the transportation center. I only had twenty minutes left before the cheating General arrived.

  I wanted to be long gone before then. I practically sprinted to the station where I saw hundreds of tubes ascending and descending.

   I finally found the tube that said Nepa and rushed towards it. Opening the latch it looked comfortable like a seat without the actually sitting part. I leaned back about to close the hatch when I saw him.

  The general was rushing towards his little black plane with a worried look on his face. I couldn't help the tears that started to form at the site of him. He was coming for me to fix things and here I am running away. I closed the latch as he stepped onto the plane.

  I whispered a goodbye as I pressed the launch button. It shot me down the tube like a water slide. I did yell. I totally did. It was really fun though; it's like a water slide without the water and is seemingly never ending.

  I had been traveling by tube underground for at least two hours when it finally came to a stop. The tube's latch opened with a 'pop' and I stepped out.

  It was so cold I shivered. I thought this was supposed to be the freakin south. I went and looked at the map in the empty station. Apparently the polars are switched here. I took a peak outside and instantly groaned. The lady forgot to mention that when she said the winters here are brutally harsh.

  It was a blizzard outside. But I did see a little gift shop across the road. I took off at a sprint through the snow and reached the other side. The gift shop was warm and quiet; an old purple alien reading what looked like a magazine.

  He didn't even look up at me as I entered. They had coats and stuff but I wondered if no payment was required of me here as well.

  I walked up to the counter uncertainly with a grocery cart packed to the brim of cooking supplies, jackets, boots, a lighter, water, and most importantly panties. Which I had been denied while living with the general.

  The counter guy finally looked at me and made a shoo motion towards the door. Huh. How odd. I walked to the exit with all my supplies. Just waiting for me to stop me. But he never did.

  I walked all the way to the house never stopping. Trying my hardest to push the damn cart through the snow. The damn shack was a mess. It was freezing inside and everything was dusty.

  It was surprisingly more updated on the inside minus the dust and the cold. It had a clothing panel and it had a dryer outside the shower. I would have to cook from now on. I was no longer pheromone feeding; draconian was the only man I wanted to feed off of.

  I didn't fancy having to find another big bad alien to screw. I planned to hide out here for as long as I could. I'm going to survive on this planet. I will make it for myself.

  I got to work cleaning my little cottage hoping the general wouldn't find me.

  But in the back of my mind I knew that eventually... he would.