Sixteen

We had been walking for hours but, it felt like days. The snow was almost up to my thighs but up to Ellie's and Joan's knees.

   We had wrapped ourselves in big furry coats and blankets for warmth. We couldn't go back to the station because I'm sure draconian must have people or connections that would stop us as soon as we stepped foot in the place.

    Joan was tall and strong basically a wall of feminine muscle, me and Ellie? Not so much.

   I knew how to exercise and train my muscles now thanks to Max, my combative intelligence. But it didn't give me an instant six pack. I also might have been ignoring the cardio.

   Don't judge me I freaking hate running.

   We had officially walked for twelve hours straight. My legs were tired, my feet were frozen solid, and my nose was runny. Ellie was in the same predicament taking up the rear of our tired group.

   She couldn't last much longer, she was having a hard time breathing and trying desperately to keep up with Joan's fast pace. I made sure to look back on her every few minutes to make sure she didn't collapse but I knew we would have to stop soon.

   I took up the middle scoping out any possible threats or danger in the early morning while Joan led us through the snow.

   Did she have any fuckin clue where she was going? Absolutely not. Was I too tired to care? Yup.

   I told her to stick to the shallowest parts of the snow, knowing if we went in the deep snow we'd most likely fall into a hole or something and die.

   "Joan!" I called out to her.

  She stopped and looked back at me as I watched the land around us. The sunrise was still twelve more hours away but it wasn't as dark as it had been.

  "Time for a break." I nodded to her and she shook her head in agreement.

   We walked a little further and found an empty cave where I immediately got to work with a lighter and some soggy ass sticks. My step dad had taught me how to build a fire but that would be useless if I couldn't get the wood dry.

  Meanwhile...
——————————————————————————

Me and five of my most trusted warriors had been looking for Ana for two moons. I was pissed. How does a small little female completely new and unaware to our planet evade us.

   I smashed my fist into the wall of my ship while Mart, my most trusted, sits in silence watching me carefully.

  "We will find her general. I swear this to you."

  His promises fall on deaf ears as I worry myself about her. None of this was supposed to happen. I was supposed to use her to breed and then send her to the next but like a fool I grew attached.

   She was just so different. So full of life. She was unlike any females I had fucked before. I have always been blank and deeply in check with my emotions but Ana... she drives them out of me.

  The anger, passion, angst. All of it. The little female makes me feel. But now I am possessive of her. I didn't care to learn her ways and it's caused me to lose her.

  I'll have to find some way to make it up to her. That will have to wait until I find her though. I look around at my chosen warriors. Strong males who have honored their empire.

  Mart was seven foot tall with short blue hair. His horns curved around his head. He was lean, fast, and brilliant with foreign technology.

   Raphael was our beast. Wild and hardly contained. He couldn't be tamed but we didn't need him to be. He could track anything and was the tallest out of us all. He was built thickly with muscle and had short black hair like mine.