Thirty

Earth was a dark twisted place that kicked the weak and praised the rich and powerful. Fairness was hard to come by towards the end. Ana had hoped her world would be different. Spared from society's injustice but of course she couldn't be that lucky.

      The days report had notified her of some unrest amongst her people. The soldiers pushed the civilians out of the cities limit so the workers can repay what has been broken and destroyed. Trying desperately to fix the destruction to their new home.

     The civilians didn't approve of this move, they wish to be closer to their homes and their queen. They're resentment has been building until finally a small fight broke out against some soldiers and a few civilians. The civilians all died.

    Now Ana's faced with a choice. Punish those who slayed them? Or are their actions justified?

    She rubs her temple trying to soothe the ache of politics and decision making.

"I'm too indecisive. I've thought and I've thought all morning. My head is quite literally about to fucking blow."

Draconian watches her from the corner of her office, covered in shadows.

"You're with child. Leave this to your second in command."

"My second in command is dead!" She yells and bangs her fist against her desk.

Draconian sees the aggravation piling on as she grows closer to birthing their child. As excited as he was he can't help but worry for his female. He doesn't like seeing her in pain. He hates it and it drives him fucking crazy to know he can't take it away for her.

He walks closer and grabs for her hand but she moves it away.

"I don't wish to be touched." She mumbles and tries to busy herself with even more paper work.

"As you wish." He frowns but leaves her be for a moment or two. Trying to think of something to sway her very pregnant self.

"You are not alone anymore."

She stares at him quizzically, "Uh what?"

"You are not alone anymore. This burden is no longer just yours to carry. You have people surrounding you who'd kill for you. You can ask someone to help with your papers while I take you and the babe to rest."

"I have no time for rest." She hisses.

"Then make time." His voice lowers dangerously. "I won't let your stubbornness affect your health."

Draconian walks around the desk and lifts her up.

"Put me down you crazy bastard!"

"You will do as I ask. I will grovel for your forgiveness until the end of time but I will never allow anyone to hurt you or our babe. And that includes yourself. You have been awake moving around and working since early this morning." He growls.

Ana scoffs, "Most people get up early for work. It's normal."

"There are many incorrect facts in that sentence. One, you are far from normal my sweet female." He chuckles frustratingly. "Two I've studied humans for awhile now. It is not entirely normal to awaken hours before the sun rises. Three most pregnant humans get what? A leave of absence? Time off of a sort? Until the babe and the mother are healthy."

Ana stares at him mouth slightly parted in bewilderment.

"You're kinda creepy some times."

He raises and eyebrow in response.

"You should count yourself lucky I love you. Or else I'd shove my foot so far up your ass you'd be tasting my toe nail polish for weeks. You know I hate it when you grab me and swing me around like a doll."

His deep laughter makes her smile a little.

"I look forward to this ass kicking."

"As you should. It's not every day someone gets a queens foot up their ass." She smiled innocently at him.

"I suppose you're right. It's not everyday I get to do this to a queen either."

Ana moans in delight as he kisses her deeply, calloused fingers rubbing her nipple through the fabric of her dress. Wetness starts to pool between her thighs but he pulls away.

"Rest first little female."

Ana rolls her eyes but can no longer deny the exhaustion weighing down on her.

"Way to leave a girl high and dry. You better eat my pussy after this."

"As you wish." He chuckles.

—————————————————————————————-

     The skies are painted a blood red and the land is black and burnt. The crisped corpses of familiar faces litter the ground around her.

      "Sophie."

      She looks down at the crimson painted on her pale skin. A scream bubbles up her throat."

       "Sophie!"

       Ana's corpse lays on the ground, her belly split open with all her insides missing. Tears fall from her empty eyes as a burnt hand lays palm open on the ground.

       "Sophie!"

      She tries to reach for her and-

      "Wake up!" Raphael commands.

      Sophie blinks back tears and gasps when she sees herself holding a dagger to his throat.

      His crimson eyes take her in and his hands hold her steady where she's straddling him.

     "Oh god." She shivers violently and sobs. "What's wrong with me?"

      Raphael sits up and grabs her arms that had dropped the dagger and we're currently digging crescents into her scalp.

   "Stop."

   "No. No. No. no." She cries and rocks herself on top of him.

   "Stop it Sophie. You're ok." He grabs her closer to him.

   "I'm not ok!" She gasps. Wide, teary eyes stare into his. "I don't know what this is but I'm not ok!"

    Raphael stares harshly into her eyes trying to figure something out.

    Without warning he grips her neck and tilts it. Sharp fangs pierce her neck. Sophie cries out in pain trying to push away from him but it's useless. His other arm is tied around her waist and is unmovable.

   "S-s-stop it!"

    He stops and moves his head back offering his own neck to hers.

   "Take it."

   "No way." She shakes her head with disgust. "You're fucking crazy."

   "It wasn't a recommendation. Do it or I'll force you." His face takes on a pained look and the urge to defy him courses through her veins.

   "It will stop them." Her lips part open to protest.

    "The nightmares. They'll stop."

    Having not slept without the torment of her nightmares for so long; it was an opportunity she couldn't resist.

    With tears soaking her face and sobs leaving her mouth she cuts into his neck with her fangs. Gently tasting his blood.

    Sophie yanks back in disgust, spitting up the blood. "I can't!"

    "Try again." Raphael rubs soothing circles on her back. "You have to keep it down."

    She tries it again. And again. And again.

   By her tenth try she managed to keep some of it down. Enough so that Raphael was satisfied and released his grip on her.

   "I hate this." Her lip wobbles.

    "I know."