t w e l v e

A S P E N ' S  P O V

A S P E N ' S P O V

"Where are my sneakers?"

"Under the bed."

"Shit. I can't find my sunglasses."

"On the nightstand."

"Where is my phone?"

"Back pocket, angel."

"Ok, how the hell do you know where everything is?" I groaned, stopping my frantic searching and turning to look at the man sitting at my desk chair.

"It was all in plain sight." He shrugged, taking the lollipop stick out of his mouth and tossing it in my trash can.

After a long and very not-so-boring Monday night, I remembered I had to meet with my mom and Livi today. Dalton was still here for whatever reason that I don't know about.

"You don't have practice or anything?" I asked, slipping on one of my shoes before placing the other one on.

"I never have practice on Tuesdays." He scoffed, fiddling with one of my bracelets I had left.

I turned to my floor-length mirror hung on the back of my door, grabbing my favorite lipgloss and swiping on another layer. I heard my phone begin to ring as I groaned and placed the lipgloss down.

I answered the call and placed it on speaker, tossing my phone on my bed. I grabbed my mascara and brush it on my eyelashes as I heard my mothers voice come over the speaker.

"Aspen, are you almost ready? You know I hate waiting." She asked, although her question seemed like more of a 'Hurry the fuck up and get your ass down here'.

"Yes, I'm about to head out the door now." I answered as I was about to say something else before Livi's voice cut me off.

"Can you bring my necklace, please? I left it in your room last time." She spoke into the phone, making me turn to look at my desk/vanity and see Dalton fiddling with said necklace.

"I was wondering whose this was. You don't seem like the type to wear a locket." He shrugged as he placed it in my hand and went back to fiddling with my bracelet.

"Who was that?" Mom asked, making us both freeze as we shared a shocked look.

"Uhm, I'll be down in a minute. Bye, Mom." I quickly said before hanging up and turning to glare at Dalton.

"She said 3 words and still scared the shit out of me." He said, not taking his eyes off of my now powered-off phone.

"Whatever, let's just go." I dismissed, picking up my phone and beginning to walk out the room.

Thankfully, I chose my comfy sneakers as my legs hurt like hell.

Little bitch.

Not so little, Aspen.