t w e n t y - t h r e e

A S P E N ' S   P O V

A S P E N ' S P O V

The next few weeks flew by in a blur, thanksgiving going by pretty quickly. Then again, my family didn't really celebrate it so it was a normal day for me.

Christmas was right around the corner as it was next week. I had already gotten all my presents for everyone and hid them at my parent's house as I knew Vita and Rosa would try to snoop around for them.

Me and Dalton had progressed a little bit from our afternoon at the park. It took some time and there were some shaky moments for us, mostly him, but we helped each other through it.

Our friends were thankful for the nonexistent tension between us again. Sure we were still trying to figure each other out, but we were better than we were before.

As of right now, I was actually on my way to meet up with Dalton. I just dropped Vita off at the airport as she was heading to North Carolina for Christmas. She wanted to take the latest afternoon flight as she hated flying in the morning.

Rosa would be coming over to my house on Christmas eve/day but was spending the days before with her mom and brother. Her mom had to take an extra shift so she would be coming over with me while Aiden went to her grandparent's house.

Right as I was finally getting out of traffic, I felt my phone buzzing in my lap. I waited until I reached a red light before accepting the call, placing my phone back in my lap.

"Hey." I greeted, waiting for a response back as I continued driving.

"Hey, angel." Dalton greeted as I could just hear the grin in his tone.

"So, where am I supposed to be meeting you? I literally have no idea where I'm driving right now." I laughed, smiling as I heard his laugh flow through my ears.

"I'll just share my location with you. Let me know when you get here." He spoke as I felt my heart flutter at him sharing his location with me.

Calm the fuck down, Aspen. You, Vita, and Rosa share your location with each other. This is no big deal.

I waited until my phone buzzed and I reached another red light. A notification appeared that he did in fact share his location with me. I smiled as I pressed the directions button.

Waiting for it to load in my GPS, I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel. I could hear slight voices in the background as Dalton stayed on the line.

"Hey, Dalton?" I began, hearing him hum as I caught his attention. "What did you get me for Christmas?"

"Bold of you to assume I got you anything." He laughed, his graceful sound filling my ears.

"Fuck you." I groaned, beginning to follow the directions that finally loaded on my dashboard.

"I'm pretty sure you already did." He teased again, the heat overtaking my cheeks.

"I'm hanging up now," I warned, turning off of the highway from the airport.