f o u r t e e n *

D A L T O N ' S  P O V

"I'm tired." She frowned, leaning against the window as I drove down the quiet streets of the night.

"You probably weren't even going to sleep when I called." I shrugged, making a turn at the intersection.

"Where are we even going?" She asked, looking over at me as I glanced down at her slumped figure.

When I had come to pick up Aspen, she truly stuck to what I said and didn't take off her pajamas. She was wearing cupcake sweatpants and a UCLA sweatshirt.

How she got it when she doesn't even go there? I don't know.

"That's a surprise." I grinned, making her groan as I looked at the clock and read the time off as 12:03 AM.

"Dalton, it's midnight." She spoke, just as I placed my arm around the back of her seat and began to get closer to our destination.

"Well, we're here now." I said, looking around and pulling into a parking spot as she lifted her head up out the window.

"You brought me to Waffle House?" She questioned, looking over at me like I had two heads.

"I was craving waffles. Plus, who goes to waffle house alone? That's just sad." I explained, my face twisting up at the end of my word.

We began to get out of the car as I waited around the front for her. She hopped out and walked over to me as I locked my car. When I first came to pick her up, she got in the car and began questioning me on what type it was, the mileage, and all that shit.

It might just be me, but a girl who knows about cars is hot.

Shut the fuck up, Dalton.

"Now, that you brought me here I'm hungry, come on." She said, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the front entrance.

I held the door open as we both walked inside, the smell of waffles immediately floating through the air. We waited for someone to tell us where to sit as we eventually sat in a booth by the window.

She took her seat across from me as we both settled into the booth. There was only one menu on the table so I slid it over to her and let her look at what she wants. I already knew as Waffle House was my favorite place to go at this time of night.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked, trying to make conversation as she looked up at me tiredly.

"Class and sleeping." She responded, lazily placing her chin in her palm as a waitress came over to us.

"Welcome to Waffle House. What can I get for you?" She smiled, biting her lip at me as she completely ignored Aspen's existence.

"Uh...What do you want?" I asked her, trying to direct the waitresses attention over to Aspen.