e p i l o g u e

A S P E N ' S   P O V

A S P E N ' S P O V

I did everything I could to try and ease my nerves for today as I realized what was happening.

I was graduating.

For the last time.

This was it. No more long nights, study breaks, college parties, no more anything.

We were graduating.

I was currently in my room, Livi sitting on my bed as I fiddled with any and everything. I finally got rid of my crutches and could slightly walk with my boot now.

"What's wrong, Aspy?" She frowned, sitting on my bed and rubbing her belly.

"I'm scared," I told her, picking at my fresh set of nails. "I'm about to have to become an actual adult."

"It's gonna be okay, Ens. I'll be here with you every step of the way." She smiled, fixing my pillow behind her.

"But you're pregnant and you're about to have a family now. We're only gonna talk at family events and when you need someone to babysit-" I rambled, playing with my hair.

"Aspen." She sternly said, making me stop my rambling. She struggled to stand up a little bit but eventually got it and waddled over to me. She was holding her belly as she put one hand on my shoulder.

"I am not going to stop talking to you just because I'm having a baby. We're still gonna text and call every day and see each other all the time. You're my little sister, how could I ever just abandon you like that?" She pouted, looking at me sympathetically.

"What if she takes up all your time? What am I gonna do? I'm gonna miss you so much, Livi." I frowned, feeling my eyes line with tears.

"It's gonna be okay, Aspen. I'll make time for you, I promise. Stop acting like we're barely gonna see each other again." Livi told me, smoothing my hair down. "Come on. Let's go get your hair done."

"Mom's friend is already here?" I asked, looking in the mirror on my wall to see my messy curls.

"Yeah, Mom is helping her set up right now." She told me, putting her arm around my shoulder and steadying herself before we went downstairs.

We went downstairs, having to go slow as Livi couldn't really go fast. We went into the living room to see Cole talking to Dad and we heard Mom and her friend in the kitchen.

"Livi, you really found a keeper," Dad told her, making her smile as she stopped leaning on me.

"That's my husband." She smiled, still not over saying that. "You should see the nursery. He won't stop buying her toys and clothes."

"On top of everything you got at the baby shower? Yeah, she's gonna be spoiled." I laughed, moving to sit on the couch and adjusting my boot.

"Trust me, I know." Livi sighed just as Mom walked into the room.