t w e n t y - t w o

TW⚠️: SOME HEAVY  TOPICS ARE DISCUSSED IN THIS CHAPTER (AKA OVERDOSE) PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION!!!

A S P E N ' S P O V

I stepped out the shower, wrapping a towel around my body. I let my hair stay out, not bothering to tie it up while I got dressed.

I had an early class today, more so a meeting as my fashion teacher had called me in. I brushed my teeth, pulling out my makeup bag so I could come back and get to it.

I went into my closet, grabbing the outfit I had laid out the night before. After putting it on, I went back into the bathroom and put on a light layer of makeup.

"Aspen, hurry up! I still need you to drive me!" Vita yelled from the living room just as I finished.

"I'm coming!" I replied, walking out the bathroom and grabbing my stuff off of my bed.

I went into the living room, seeing Vita standing by the door as she looked down at her phone. A few minutes later we were in the car as we were both buckling up.

"Where did you need me to drive you again?" I asked, turning her direction as I turned the car on.

"Library. I have to find some old ass monologue for theatre." She groaned, looking out the window as I pulled out of the parking lot.

To be honest, I had forgotten about the library. I used to volunteer there in my free time but lately I was so busy. Between classes, Livi's wedding, and my friends, I really had no free time.

I took the fastest way to the library, making sure I wasn't late to go see my teacher. Me and Vita talked lightly on the way, my phone playing music in the background.

I stopped right outside by the entrance, unlocking the doors for her. She thanked me and stepped out, shutting the door behind her before making her way into the building.

I waited a moment before I made my way over to the Arts building. For some reason, my teacher had been put in a classroom on the second floor farthest from the door and stairs. I hated walking up to this class.

I parked right outside by the door, turning off my car. I grabbed my phone and keys, sliding my bag onto my shoulder.

Stepping out the car, I walked inside and waved at the few people I knew that were standing in the entrance. They waved back, smiling at me while I made my way over to the stairs.

It took a surprisingly small amount of time to get to her classroom. I guess I had been walking faster than expected.

I reached her door and knocked twice, stepping back as I waited for any sign or motion to head inside. I heard a loud "Come in" as I turned the knob and walked inside.

I smiled as I saw my teacher, Mrs. Olives, sitting at her desk, sat straight up as she scratched her pencil against her notebook. She looked up at me as I walked in, her small lips curving into a smile.