f o r t y - s i x

A S P E N ' S  P O V

A S P E N ' S P O V

I sat on the side of the tub, drying off after getting out the shower. It had been a few weeks since I left the hospital and I had been trying to adjust.

Today was the day of Livi's baby shower. It felt like the only normal thing in my life lately so it had to go perfectly.

I had been learning how to adjust to my leg and I just regained the ability to move my wrist. It still hurt every now and then but I couldn't use it as much as I did.

I was able to dress myself now and rarely needed help anymore. I still felt myself growing upset when I thought about everything that had happened.

I heard a knock on the door as I was putting on my undergarments. I hummed to see who it was and heard Dalton behind the door.

"Come in." I told him, sliding the dress up my legs and pushing my arms through the straps.

"Hey, you okay. Need anything?" He asked, coming in and shutting the bathroom door behind him.

"I'm fine. Is everything set up downstairs?" I asked, adjusting the straps on the dress.

"Yeah. People are starting to arrive." He told me, grabbing my hand and helping me up and out the bathroom.

Along with the new adjustments, I also got out of my wheelchair and had to figure out how to use crutches. Dalton had been there for me every step of the way, making sure to be patient with me.

Livi wad now 24 weeks pregnant and she was a bigger handful now more than ever. Her emotions were all over the place. One moment she was happy, the next she was punching Cole to get her ice cream.

I was excited when I found out the gender of the baby and had been hiding the envelope where nobody would have guessed it to be hidden. Livi and Cole were also excited to find out the gender.

I had been happily planning this since Livi told me she wanted to wait for me to plan it. I had gotten the most perfect idea on how to reveal the gender.

This had to go perfectly.

I grabbed my crutches as Dalton helped me get to them. He was patient and never rushed me, helping me with everything.

I slowly made my way downstairs, Dalton behind me to make sure I never slipped. I noticed the people making their way to the backyard, but I decided to head for the kitchen.

Me and Dalton came in as I noticed Mom speaking to the caterer she hired. There was food all along the counters and a cake for later.

"Hey, Mom." I greeted, gaining her attention as she turned and smiled at me.

"Hey, sweetie." She smiled, coming over and kissing my cheek. "I don't want you or your sister running around today."

"Mom, I'll be fine." I told her, not wanting anyone to worry about me.