e i g h t e e n *

A S P E N ' S  P O V

I woke up to the loud noise of pots clanging together and loud yelling.

What did I do to deserve this?

Squinting my eyes, I see Rosa stuffing her face in a pillow beside me and Vita standing beside Hunter with a huge smile on her face.

I flipped them off before rolling over and burying my face back in my pillow. I heard Hunter fake scoff before coming next to my ear and banging the pots louder.

"Hunter, I swear to god, you won't make it back to California if you keep doing that." I warned, lifting my head slightly to see him backing away.

"Damn. Someone should've told me she was grumpy on her birthday morning." He pouted, walking back over to stand beside Vita.

"Aspen, get up now before I come over there and drag you out of bed." Vita spoke, making me groan loudly before rolling back onto my back.

"What about Rosa? She gets to sleep in?" I frowned, seeing her still burying her face into a pillow.

"No, but she was going to get up once we left anyways. She's not that good at fake sleeping." Vita shrugged as her and Hunter walked out the room. "You have an hour by the way!"

"For what?" I called back as they continued walking down the hall.

I threw myself back against the pillows, trying to wake myself up even more. I checked my phone for the time as I realized it was only 9 o'clock in the morning.

Just as I was about to get out the bed, I heard small snores coming from Rosa. I forgot how easily she could fall asleep.

"Aspen!" Vita yelled again.

"I'm getting up!" I yelled, annoyed as I threw the blankets off of me.

Happy birthday to me.

♤♤♤

Now, we were in the car and on our way to breakfast. After I had gotten showered and dressed, I walked into the main room to see balloons everywhere and a cake sitting on the counter.

They had all sung me happy birthday, Hunter giving me a stupid plastic hat from the dollar store around the corner.

"Cake for breakfast?" I questioned with a smile as Luka placed a big cake in front of me while I sat at the island.

I looked down at the cake to see 'Happy Thanksgiving!' written in orange icing on it. They also stuck a '2' and '4' candle in the middle of it.

"Why does it say happy thanksgiving?" I asked, looking up at everyone confused as I held back my laugh.

"We didn't have time for them to write your name on it so we just took something already made." Hunter shrugged, reaching to taste the frosting before Vita slapped his hand away.