t h i r t y - n i n e

A S P E N ' S   P O V

A S P E N ' S P O V

Things have been going well ever since Livi's wedding. I haven't been happier.

Dalton and I have been happier.

School is almost out.

Yet, there's one thing that has still been bothering me.

I keep receiving those creepy messages from this mysterious person with no idea who it was.

Dalton doesn't know that I know but I figured out a few weeks ago after the wedding that he was receiving the messages too. He never mentioned anything to me so I was waiting until he said something to me.

As of right now, we were on the way to his parent's house for dinner while Livi and Cole were still on their honeymoon. His mom had been asking for me to come back over and I missed Micah.

We had stopped at Starbucks to get some coffee before we got there. Dalton held my hand tightly as he pulled up to the speaker at the drive-thru.

He pulled up after ordering our drinks, he looked over at me and puckered up his lips for a kiss. I leaned over and happily gave him one, smiling as I pulled away.

"I love you." He grinned, leaning over and nuzzling his face in my neck.

"You're so clingy." I laughed, taking my free hand and running my fingers through his hair. "I love you."

"I'm so happy I met you when I did." He whispered into my skin, caressing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I didn't know I was dating a big teddy bear." I laughed, kissing the top of his head before he moved away to pull forward.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Scarlet said she wants to talk to you when you get there." He told me as I took his sunglasses from the cupholder and put them on.

"Why?" I asked, hoping it wasn't anything bad.

"I don't know. She just told me to tell you." He shrugged, pulling up to the window.

He paid and thanked the lady at the window before handing me my drink. He put his in the cupholder as he drove off in the direction of his parent's house.

Thankfully, he stopped at a Starbucks close to their house, so it only took about 5 minutes to get there. He parked in the driveway, unbuckling his seatbelt before getting out and making his way over to my side of the car.

He helped me out as I handed him his drink, he closed and locked the car before we began making our way over to the door. Before we could even knock, Micah threw open the door and hugged my leg.

"Hey, Aspy." He grinned, looking up at me as he held a toy in his hand.

"Hey, little man." I smiled, leaning down and hugging him back.