prologue

You wanna play with fire? Stick and poke tattoo?You wanna play, my new girl?I wanna play with you- new girl

Stick and poke tattoo?
You wanna play, my new girl?
I wanna play with you
- new girl

THREE WEEKS LATER

"I UNDERSTAND HOW it could clash, and I'm very adamant on no drama. Especially, this semester. So, do you think you can find it in your hearts to peacefully allow him to board Mrs and Mr Daler?"

Mom and dad look at each other from the where they're seated vertically across from Principal Aveyard, and horizontally across to me.  I've purposefully moved the singular chair away from them. "I think that's more a question directed towards my daughter." Dad redirects and suddenly I have three pair of eyes on me.

"What?" I shrug, "I'll be good," for now.

"Saamiya." Mom warns, picking up on my true incentive at the familiar use of tone. I raise my brows innocently, hoping my deep brown eyes are enough of a settle for her to relax a little.

"We know, your parents' history can very much affect how you behave around him. We just cant risk what happened to that school happening to us." That's why we're accepting half of them, is it?

"With all due respect Principal Aveyard, I know I am a product of my environment but I'll try my hardest to restrain myself from viciously ripping him apart piece by piece, and then mutilating him further until he's all but a ground beef consistency." Her face pales, "kidding." I smile, resting back into my seat. "I said I'll behave, and I will."

"No going around making trouble Saamiya, we might not like them but I agree with Lisa." That's a first dad, I repress the comment.

"Principal Aveyard." She corrects with a tight smile, and I can't help but like the way she's irritated at dad's lack of respect - I just wish she'd call him out on it a little more than that though. Well, theres always the next time they're called in the principals office regarding me.

"But, if he goes anywhere near my daughter and causes problems. Well, we'll be pulling not only her out but our future funds too." He's fishing for a reaction, trying to make a situation instead of diffusing the one bound to start.

"Of course, there will be no problems. We've gotten note that he is a very well behaved boy." Liar.

"Uncontrollable more like." I mutter, but no one picks up on it - or at least they pretend not to hear me, I'm not invisible so its definitely the latter.

"Well if that's all then." Principal Aveyard rises, my parents following in pursuit and then me final. "It was lovely to have all of you and I'm very happy to learn that your business problems aside you are able to choose what's right for your daughter. We're very lucky to have her here, at Whitlock Prepatory."

Mom smiles, and dad does too. "Thank you for bringing this up so early. You know originally when I cancelled my trip to Rome to attend this, I was very upset because I wondered why you couldn't have possibly just called like the other times. But this, very professional Lisa." Principal Aveyard twitches a little at the use of her name, but still keeps her cool.

"Yes, well wouldn't want any of our parents mad."

I bid both Mom and Dad goodbye promising to greet the twins back home a visit when our next break is. I miss my sisters I won't lie, but the young ones get on my nerve most of the time.

Walking back to my dorm I notice a new name plastered across the door.

BAILEY SJÖBERG

I'm about to walk in, but I hear rummaging on the other side, not wanting to disrupt my new roomie I decide to head to the games room and chill there for a while before she's set up. If I'm being honest I just really don't want to help put things together.

"I can't believe we've been shipped to the middle of the woods!"

"Same, I hate the feeling of not being near Tewksbury," I swear I'm pretty sure my ears pick up on a whimper after the comment.

"Xemina, your ugly ferret is the least of our problems!" Another voice adds, incoming; I detect a trio. 

The voices go quiet once I come into sight and the girls realise their not entirely alone when talking shit about Whitlock.

"Salem Whitfield, Xemina Ćurković and Cassie DuVall." The black haired girl introduces almost immediately, as if I'm supposed to act in presence of a goddess kissing their feet because she's around. Salem Whitfield I note.

He warned me about you.

"Saamiya Daler." He said to state full names, apparently that's what happened over at there schools - as they assessed rank of wealth due to recongisibitly.

"I think I've heard of that last name," the blonde cocks her head - Cassie, Salem had noted using body language when introducing the girls.

"Yeah," The other blonde girl draws. "Aren't your parents and Sage Evanders in some war of the arts," I grin.

Welcome to Whitlock Preparatory, sterlings.

Glad I'll be in your presence once again Sage Evanders.

_________________