19 ➹ tony and elvira

tw: eating disorder talk/calorie counting (briefly mentioned)

(briefly mentioned)

GOD, HER SMILE has got to be laced with some sort of drug for it to be addictive like this. Shame she doesn't show it off, but then again receiving it seems so selfless of her.

I just wish she hadn't used it against me, for my downfall.  

I turn back to see Atlas, but he's disappeared, leaving us alone. I go to reach for water, but I'm not thirsty no more.

"Sage." She whispers and it feels so wrong, I want to hear you speak Amber. I want to hear your voice. I want to hear the voice that betrayed me.

I knew before the other boys, I knew weeks before the exposé hit, I could've done anything. I should've done something.

I turned back to her. "Amber." I whisper as well, matching her and she hides her smile. Let me see that too. Please.

She squares her shoulders a bit in an attempt to seem tougher, funny how she needs to seem so tough around me when it's in her presence I melt. She should know this; she took me down with it. "There's uh, red velvet cake."

"Oh yeah?" I eye her costume, the silk emerald dress that fits like a glove...that could slip off like one too. Fuck. Don't think about that Sage. Bad Sage.

She nods towards the counter and then looks back up at me. "Your favourite." She recounts.

"If you could eat anything in the entire world right now, what would it be?"

Next to me, Amber turns all glistening from happiness and laughter after I'd taken her out from school and driven her to the drive-in movies where a screening of Pretty Woman aired.

"Without feeling guilty, I'd eat an entire chocolate cake. Every single piece."

I gasped in horror, and she raised a brow waiting for the retort she knew was bound to come. "Put some respect on Red velvet cake, it's by far the best."

Amber didn't argue, she'd swept her black hair from out of her vision and raised a brow. "Why would you ask if you were just going to disagree with me Sage?"

I don't want you to stop talking to me.

"I'm doing my duty as a human and correcting the misinformation you're spreading."

"You mean my very right opinion?"

"You say potato I say potato."

"You just said it the same way though?"

I smiled, leaning down, and pressing my lips against Amber's soft ones "Baby, just let it be."

I look down at the cake, and yeah, it looks really good. But how many calories are in a slice? I've been doing so good recently, and I don't want it all to come down because I ate a slice of cake. Really yummy and easy to devour, red velvet cake.