08 ➹ not hurt i'm tense

friends | chase atlantic❝ girl, tell me what you're doing on the other sideand tell, just tell me what you're doing with the other guy ❞

❝ girl, tell me what you're doing on the other side
and tell, just tell me what you're doing
with the other guy ❞

SHE'S NOT ALONE. All eyes turn to Valé when she enters...and she's with another fucking guy.

I don't know what games she's currently playing, but I'm not a fan of it. Not a single one of her manipulative plots entices me if I'm being honest.

"Vals over here!" Aristotle calls over, and the boy next to her turns as well. He doesn't look anything special if we're being objective. Five foot ten minimum, short dark hair, tanner skin, light eyes, average build. I mean, go on any fast fashion website and I'm sure carbon copies can be found.

Aristotle turns to us when realising Atlas and the other girls eyes are boring into her, "what? She's my best friend. I don't care about most of you guys." Isn't she so kind? Do you think that's another trait that runs in that friend group of theirs?

Valé's eyes fall onto our groups, the boy she's with and then the group again. She doesn't seem reluctant as she approaches, in fact she walks with confidence. I used to like that about her, how unfearful she was. But now, it's different. Now, I feel nothing.

After everything went viral so did, she. Love, hate, backlash, anything you could ever imagine being written was. Her parents hotel chain benefited since exposure is always good. But her? It seemed like she disappeared over winter break. I didn't hear or see her. I wish I did.

"Hey Ari." She greets, and I take a swig from my cup eyeing what she's wearing now that she's so much closer. She catches me staring, but I'm the last person to be shameful and it's not like her gaze stays on me either, she looks away almost instantly.

"Who's your friend?" Xemina asks, now looking at the boy who's with her and I completely agree with Xemina, because who the fuck is this new kid?

"Oh," Valé smiles softly. "Christopher, he was just showing me around."

"That's nice of you Chris." I mock with that voice dad uses around people when warning me I'm three seconds away from fucking up.

He turns to me, nodding. "Yeah, thanks and it's Christopher, only my mother calls me Chris." He laughs trying to ease up the mood. Poor Chris, you have no clue what you just walked into.

"Sorry..." he nods accepting it, "Chris." I finish off.

"Anyways -" Atlas steers off topic, noticing what I'm doing. How I'm about to bait him. "This has been fun, but I think Luca and Rain are calling for us Caleb."

"Rain is here?" Chris asks, a prominent frown forming on his face at the revelation. I subconsciously keep the information at the back of my mind, Chris dislikes Rain. Why?

"Yeah, he's in like the kitchen or something." A random girl's voice rattles as she joins the group and Chris nods at her with familiarity.

"Why'd you wanna know?" Atlas asks, picking up on his obvious disdain.