12 ➹ jealousy, jealousy

promiscuos | nelly furtado & timbaland❝ i want you on my team, so does everybody else ❞

❝ i want you on my team,
so does everybody else ❞

I SIGN THE spot that awaits my signature to say I've clocked in before walking through the large double doors of Whitlock's art studio.

Entering, I turn taking a panorama of the first floor with wide eyes because It's huge, like gigantic. The walls have art of students displayed and by the looks of it, everyone seems talented with their varying art styles: impressionism, realism, contemporary etc.

The place is decked out but also simplistic in a manner that it doesn't feel too overwhelming, and I'm glad. I always find ways to distract myself whilst working. So not a lot of attention grabbing things mean a smaller number of things to distract me by.

The second floor isn't completely closed off since it's a mezzanine, making it viewable from the bottom. I leave my supplies on one of the desks and head up the stairs to get a better view of it, being intrigued that if the first floor is so grand what the second one must look like.

Walking up the spiral staircase, I look around seeing the difference between the two floors. This is one is definitely more for students who specialise in fashion. There are separate desks with mannequins next to them and fabrics on display, there's also a girl working in the corner. When she realises she isn't alone she looks up and I stop in my tracks. Nadia Baealene.

"Oh, I'm sorry I'll be just out, I was just working on some -"

"Nah, your fine, I'm just going to be down." I say despite wanting to be alone. Why did I just say that? 

"Thank you." I nod about to turn around to go back down the stairs, hopefully forgetting another person is in the room so I'll be able to work when she stops me in my tracks. "Uh, Sage," I look at her. "I'll be out in like five minutes and...I'm really sorry." 

"It's okay." She nods, guilt vivid in her eyes and I turn away walking back down to where my supplies are.

By the time I've set everything up alongside my headphones and paints fifteen minutes have passed, but I don't mind since I'm not working with clay today and instead a new painting.

I have no name yet or concept, but Mom is expecting a new piece by the end of the month for some showcase, and I hated the other one, so I've decided to start on a new piece.

The instrumental version of wildest dreams plays full volume through my headphones, and I start on the painting, not knowing the end result but hoping it won't be a terrible mess along the way.

Forty minute passes in utter silence, Nadia still not coming down and me stepping back away from the beginning stages of the painting. I eye it, cocking my head not being upset with it yet so I go back in. The same second I add a brush stroke an idea surfaces as the end of my 'cure all' playlist starts nearing.