05 ➹ new kids on the block

PRESENT DAY

PRESENT DAY.

"ARE YOU EXCITED?" Scout asks, her dyed purple pastel hair falling down her shoulders as we walk down the hallways of the Diamond Quarters.

I run my fingers on the cotton material of the schools jumper. It's a dark blue, with plaid at the front. "Ask, Az he's the one giving a speech." Being the head boy has got to be the worst thing to be, but it runs in Azriel's blood - literally, his mother is the descendent of Whitlock's originators.

We stop in front of the boys dormitory before looking around for any teachers, when we see none, we walk right through the double doors and go down their hallway in search for Azriel's room - well old room some are changing now the new kids have come. 

When we finally arrive to room two thirteen, Scout steps in front knocking on the door with the side of her fists.

I wait behind, watching boys come and leave in their school uniform as they lounge around before officially having to head to the assembly. Some carry random objects from their old rooms with them as well.

The door opens but it's not Azriel that comes out, instead Ahmed Khaddara his roommate, now ex-roommate.

"Ahmed," Scout greets with a small smile looking at the tanned boy whose stay overseas shows on the tan lines on his body - lucky bastard, I was freezing my ass off while he enjoyed the nice summer heat halfway across the world.

"Where is he?" I ask, not wanting to waste any time with Ahmeds long due witty response.

"Where's who?" He asks, grabbing the last of his things from his room that we were supposed to clear out by before winter break.

"Ahmed," he knows who we're in search for, he's just acting dumb.

"Saamiya," he repeats, and I roll my eyes waiting for a response. A small smile works on his face at my expression. "Left with his brother." That wasn't so hard now, was it?

"Half-brother." Rain's voice corrects and when I turn to face Rain Murdock sends a sarcastic smile my way. Before heading past us, still not yet in his school uniform - or in clothes for that matter, he's shirtless. 

"That wasn't just me, right? He's gotten new a tattoo." Scout more presently states rather than asks, and I nod seeing the new ink on his shoulder blade, complimenting the scattered ones he has elsewhere. 

Ahmed closes the door rolling his eyes and Azriel enters a second later, looking pissed before his eyes land on us and he eases.

"I'm going to kill him." He mutters and we all turn away and Scout raises a hand close to her face when some boys leave their room with their pants not yet done up.

None of us question what he means though, we know how fucked up Azriel and Rain's relationship is. Our last Principal, Ms. Whitlock, is both their mothers but Rain only knew of her existence when he turned ten because prior to that he thought she was dead.