Chapter 7 - Romantic

ADAPTED

All Rights Reserved

©️ Emrys Noah 2021

BETILLA

WEDNESDAY

We were still at the library. He sat next to me and I could still feel his body heat radiate to me. I hadn't recovered from his little stunt earlier but I acted like it didn't affect me. I did not understand what he meant by that. I shrugged it off and started the lesson. I continued from where I left off. After some explanation, I stopped. "Wait Archer, when is the bio test?" I asked, turning to face him. He was already looking at me and he sighed before he replied. "There is no test. I just need to get better." He leaned towards me, I didn't know if it was just me or my imagination. I could feel myself lean towards him too. I wasn't imagining it. 

He sighed and moved closer to me, his head on my shoulder. His weight on me. I was squealing internally. Then I felt his arms snake around my waist. I trailed my hand into his soft golden locks. I felt him groan into my shoulder. He liked it, and I liked the fact that he did. My breath hitched in my throat as I felt his hands caress my bare thigh, sending impulses up my leg. My mind was filled with different thoughts, I didn't want the moment to end. I turned in my seat and he pulled me closer to him if possible. I let out a squeal followed by his name, "Archer!" He looked up at me and gave me a cute smile, "You're so beautiful, Betty." 

I was beautiful, he told me that I was beautiful, then why did he give me all those judging eyes? That took the fun out of the moment. He reached for my face and I avoided his grasp, he frowned. "You can't possibly mean that, Archer?" All of a sudden, he released me from his embrace and stood up. Immediately, I longed for closure. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen," He rushed out. I shook my head no. I stood up and went to meet him. he took a slight step back. I noticed that and took the incentive to get close to him. So I took a larger step toward him and pulled him to a hug. He was shocked but he accepted nonetheless. He placed a kiss on my head and muttered. "I'm so sorry Betty."

"You don't have to be sorry Archer." I looked up to gaze into his eyes. I got lost in them. His face softened as he stared at me, "I've hurt you." He said. I could feel tears forcing their way to my eyes. He truly was sorry. He looked away only to pull away and walk away, muttering, "I'll be back." I looked at my feet and walked back to my seat. I waited for a while then decided to continue reading. I lowkey didn't expect Archer to show up again but he did. 

He walked in with a book in hand. It was a twilight book. I smiled because it brought back memories. "Throw it to me!" I squealed and he only chuckled but tossed it nevertheless.  I didn't expect him to throw it actually so I wasn't able to catch it. Instead of it falling to the ground, it collided perfectly with my face and it hurt. "You have to be fucking kidding me." He said as he rushed to me. I started laughing at his expression. "I'm fine Archer," I said and he shook his head and touched my lip. I winced. There was blood on his finger. I couldn't believe it so I touched it myself and indeed, I had busted my lip. 

Archer rushed me to the bathroom, the boys' bathroom. The school was basically empty but I had my hood up, just in case. He closed the door after him and hoisted me onto the bathroom sink. He got some toilet paper and wet it. He came back to where I was seated. He stood awkwardly beside me, I pulled him in front of me. He held my leg and parted it, then he stood in between. I had the urge to wrap my legs around his waist. I looked up at him to only find his heavy stare on me, my lips.

He starts to dab on the cut. His hand gently grabs my chin and continues to clean it but it was a tad painful. I winced and closed my eyes. I felt his forehead against mine and I opened my eyes only to close them back. I nodded to let him know I was ready. He disposed of the one he used. Then got another one. His soft lips were suddenly pressed on my mouth where the cut was. My eyes flew open. Then he continued to clean it as if nothing had happened.

The sexual tension between the two of us was too hard not to miss. For a second there, I thought we were going to end up kissing. When he finished, I bolted from the bathroom to the library. I packed up my things, that was enough for a day. I was about to leave when I felt his hand hold me back. I looked at him and he looked pained. He gently pulled me to himself and once again, we were hugging. "I fucking want to kiss you so bad." My eyes widened at that and I put my hand to his face. 

He leaned in to press his lips against mine but when it was only inches separating our lips, he stopped. His breathing was heavy. "It'll hurt you." My heart beamed, he was so considerate. I pulled away and said, "It would be unfair of me." I only stared at him in awe. Who was I looking at? He kissed my cheek goodbye. "Sleep well, Betty." And then he left. I replayed the events to the day as I walked back to the dorm, alone.