Extra Chapter ~ 2

ADAPTED

All Rights Reserved

©️ Emrys Noah 2021

BETILLA

I burst out of the hospital and ended up in my car. I tried to pull myself together in order to get home. This had crossed the line of my emotional border. I was unable to think, I had to pull over on the road, ignoring the horns of other cars behind me. I sat still in my car and looked ahead as if I was driving. Indeed, I was frozen.  I sat in my car patiently waiting for something that was never going to arrive, the sounds of the horns of cars had dimmed in my ears. An hour passed before I realised I had to get home. I kicked my car into gear and headed home. 

I kicked my shoes off my leg and crawled into the comfort of my bed. My phone kept on buzzing on my nightstand where I had lazily dropped it. I sighed as I closed my eyes and slept the pain away. 

I woke up to the sound of Powfu playing on my sound system. Who on earth dare to anger me this way?! Such disrespect for Powfu's music! I muttered curses under my breath as I left my bed and stomped to my living room and looked at the intruder. Mae was back. "Turn it off," I said and started heading for my room. "If you wait for me, then I'll come back to you." She sang along with the song. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. She noticed I wasn't really doing well. She turned it off and escorted me to my room. 

Once I was situated in the comfort of my bed once more, she said, "Tell me everything." I sighed and started, "It all started with a stupid motherfucker named Joe." Then I realised, I was skipping work! I couldn't care less honestly as long as I don't have to see him again. I decided to write a letter of resignation. My parents worked really hard to get me that spot and they would be disappointed. So, I told Mae everything that transpired between Joe and me. How she showed up at my house the previous day. How he kissed me and how Archer saw that. 

I filled her in on Archer's accident and how he can't seem to remember who I was. I sighed at the end of the story and reached for the mug of coffee that Mae had so dearly brought up for me earlier. She pulled me into a hug and I tried so hard not to cry. I started, "I don't even know what to do." I put my hands on my face. "All I think of is that we fought and I'm the cause of his accident and to top it all of, he doesn't even know me!" I stared ahead in my room as I had done in my car. 

Mae shook me slightly, "Bee, don't be hard on yourself." She snuggled up to me. "Let's watch a movie?" She suggested. I nodded. Then my mind played a horrible trick on me. The last time I watched a movie, it was in my room, with Archer, starting a fight. I pushed those thoughts out of my head and started to pay attention to the movie displayed on my television screen. 

Mae stayed the night with me and made sure it was an Archer free one. The next day, I had got up early. I planned to send my resignation letter and continue my essays for Universities. I walked into my study and the solitude welcomed me. I sighed as I walked in and sat on my desk. I turned my computer on and opened the sites of Universities. I started to edit what I had typed when I heard Mae screaming my name. 

I rushed out to meet her, she looked half asleep. "Take your damn phone!" She said as she chucked it at me. "It hasn't stopped ringing." She mumbled as she collapsed on my couch. I frowned at my phone and looked at the caller's ID. It was Ariana. I wasn't really in the mood to face him again so I ignored her calls. I returned to my study. I continued editing when I received a text from Ariana. 

'I understand you'd want nothing to do with Archer at the moment, but I believe you can help him. Meet me tomorrow at my house, be early.'

I read it several times, I could help Archer. I knew Archer so well, he wouldn't want my help, even when he knew me. Especially when he doesn't know who I was. I started to chuckle to myself like a maniac. " I'd rather not take my chances," I muttered to myself before returning back to work. 

Mae and I spent the day out. We went to various thrift shops, yes, we went thrifting! I got myself another pair of washed-up denim jeans. We even went for dinner and at a 24-hour diner nearby. I was still bummed that I had lost Archer but I had fun nonetheless. Darkness came earlier than expected and we headed home. I dropped Mae off at her residence and even sent my greeting to her parents. I hated the silence that was in my head as I drove home. I got home and headed straight to bed not before picking out an outfit. 

~The next day~

I woke up so early that day because my mind kept wandering to Ariana's message. I decided in my bed when I remembered the promise I made. I wasn't going to give up on him. Not now, not ever. I got dressed into an outfit I had worn before, a cropped top with a short denim skirt. That was the day I went to his house when he gave me his tie-dye hoodie. 

AN

If you've forgotten, that was in the second book, HEALED. Chapter 22.

I got dressed and made a quick breakfast then I started heading to his house. It was really early, the sun wasn't even up yet. I parked my car on the sidewalk because their driveway was full. I took a deep breath and walked to their door. Instead of knocking, I texted Ariana, 'I'm here.'