Extra Chapter ~ 10

ADAPTED

All Rights Reserved

©️ Emrys Noah 2021

BETILLA

I retired to a seat on the kitchen counter when I realise di should just let Archer do his thing. Joe looked at me for assistance. I looked away from him instead, I focused on Archer. He looked oddly calm as he stared at Joe. "We got off on the wrong foot earlier, I'm Archer. Her boyfriend." He said and pointed to me. "And you are?" He questioned. Joe looked at me before replying. "Joe." 

"Finally, a name to the fucking face," Archer exclaimed. I winced and held back any noise that wanted to escape my mouth. "Listen up, Joe." He started and took a step forward. "If I ever see you," He took another step, "Near my girl," He took one more step, "Again." He was face to face with Joe now. "You're a dead man." He said calmly.  

Joe looked at me and back at Archer. His mouth was opening and closing repeatedly as if he were stripped of words. "See you never," I muttered to him before he darted from my house and into a never-ending void. Leaving only Archer and I left in my house. It got awfully quiet. He turned to look at me with recognition on his face. He remembered the kiss. This time, he didn't storm out. Instead, he stood awkwardly in the middle of my living room. 

He stared at me with a straight face and I sighed. I walked to where he was. I couldn't look at him, I couldn't stand it. His gaze was heavily placed on me and it didn't flicker, not once. "You remember now?" I mumbled. "No shit," He replied. "It was clearly over between us."

I frowned and finally got the confidence to look up at him, "What do you mean?" He kept a straight face as he recounted what happened. "I said, so much for me thinking we could work out. I meant it literally and figuratively." He took a step back from me. "Do you still mean it?" I asked weakly. 

He sighed and took my hand. He sat me down and faced me. "I think I still do." I put my hands on my face and let out a small cry. It was painful, I had gone through a lot. "Let me explain please Arch." I pleaded. He looked away from me and closed his eyes, "Please, Archer." He let out a low grunt of displeasure. I took that as a go-ahead. "Okay, as you saw we kissed. But I didn't kiss him. I swear. He came on me and he wouldn't budge! I tried, I swear Arch. I wouldn't do anything to hurt you. I love you." I ranted. He remained silent, I sighed. 

"Come on Archer, we're on the same page here right?" I asked, and he scoffed. "Yeah, of different books." He said and stood up briefly. I felt so hurt at that moment because I realised things weren't going back to normal between us. A wave of silence swept over us and stayed for a while before I broke it, "How do you feel?" He gave me yet another long expressionless look. I was back to expressionless archer. "Don't even start."

The sound of the doorbell interrupted the unbearable silence. I tried to figure out who was at the door before opening it. It was Mae. She walked in- scratch that, barged in and screamed immediately, "Bee, let's go for a threesome, take your mind off bow and arrow boy for a bit." As if I wasn't the one that opened the door for her. I rolled my eyes immediately and closed the door behind her. Then I assumed she had seen Archer which caused her to scream, again. 

"Christ, a heads up would have been great Bee." She forced a smile at Archer. She had called him bow and arrow boy, get it? Archer, archery... tough crowd. 

Archer started to move towards the door, where I was standing. He was leaving. I sighed as he got close. He reached for the handle then paused. "Meet me tomorrow, where it all began." He left. 

The rest of the day consisted of me telling Mae the rundown of everything. I mean, EVERYTHING! When I was done, she was without words. Literally. She gave me some crappy words of wisdom I didn't really pay attention to. I sighed as we retired to my couch to have a lazy day. So much for a productive day. 

I sighed as the day ended yet again and I was back to square one with Archer, this time, he remembers everything. Mae was already asleep next to me when I received a text from him, 

"7 AM sharp?" 

Where it all began, he meant the school. The next day was a Saturday so it'd be perfect!