Chapter 16

ADAPTED

All Rights Reserved

©️ Emrys Noah 2021

BETILLA

I stumbled back and watched Archer stand there with a small smile across his features. "You always say the most foolish things." He said. I frowned at him and walked towards him to smack him. He dodged my hit and managed to capture both my arms. I stood there defenceless, pressed against his rock solid body, not that I was complaining. I leaned my head against his chest and I felt him look down at me, all confused. I had missed him badly.

He let go of my arms only to wrap his around my waist. I looked up at him and smiled. "You missed me," I whispered. He didn't deny it, he only left a kiss on my bare forehead. We stood there in each others' embrace until I got tired of standing. "How are you here again?" I asked and looked up at me. He was about to answer when I cut him off, "Wait, let's get comfortable first. Come to my room." I pulled him to my bedroom and I recalled the last time he was here. I remembered what went down in my study. 

I closed the door gently behind me and turned back to see Archer standing awkwardly in my room. I chuckled as I pulled him down on the bed with me. He still sat awkwardly on the edge of my bed and I sighed. "Arch?" I called out. "Yes?" He replied turning to look at me. I reached for him. He sighed before pulling me to him. He held my hand in his and traced little circles as he started. "So Betty, there's something we call an aeroplane. It transports people from a place via the air. I boarded one-" I smacked him and he burst out laughing. "Archer," I warned. Not that I was going to cause him any harm, I didn't want that.

He stopped laughing when he saw my face, "Betty, I wanted to see you. I finished school, yeah. And I was missing you so badly." He said and place his face in the crook of my neck. Taking a deep breath, he continued. His actions sent pulsations throughout my entire body. I couldn't help but let my hand reach up to touch his face. "I wanted to come earlier, but I decided to surprise you. That's why the call didn't go through. I was in the plane." He finished. He raised his head to look at me. I had tears in my eyes. "Can I kiss the tears away?" I nodded and initiated the kiss.

We laid on my bed, in each others' embrace, in utter silence. I sat up and looked down at him, "You're not comfortable." I stated. Archer had this habit of keeping quiet when he was in uncomfortable situations. That's why he left me for literally a week. He put on a fake smile and gave me a confused look. "Archer! Don't do this to me again." I pleaded. His face fell when he saw me. He held my face and said to me, "It's not you baby, it's me." He stood up suddenly and walked around my room. I watched him. "What are you implying?" I questioned, getting worried. He could not be doing this again. I stood up after him and approached him. 

"Betty, don't mind me, I'm just overthinking." He said finally turning to me. I held his hand in mine, "I'm here, you can talk to me." He sighed as he brought a hand to run through his hair. That was hot. I had to look up at him, his eyes twinkled as a result of the lighting of my room. "I'm scared." He said finally. What did he mean? I gave his hand a little squeeze to let him know that I was still with him. "I'm scared of losing you, Betty. I'm scared that I'm not going to be the boyfriend you want. I'm scared that I won't be able to do things that you want, just because I'm broken." He finished. 

I placed his hand on my chest. His eyes widened and looked at my chest. It was probably a bad idea. He was well aware of where his hand was. And he could feel my heart thumping away enclosed in my ribcage. "I will always love you no matter what, as long as my heart is still thumping," I said and looked him dead serious in the eye. I could swear I saw tears in his eyes. He pulled me into a hug suddenly. "I fucking love you." He said.

I complained of being hungry so Archer and I headed downstairs to get food. We decided on ordering take-out. We sat in the living room. Archer was on his phone and I was scrolling through Netflix to find a suitable film we could watch and cuddle too. He was on the other side of the couch. I guess he wanted personal space, considering how I had pressed myself against him earlier. I finally found the right movie.

Lovehard

The takeouts had arrived also. I closed the door and sat back down. Archer didn't even look up. I frowned and asked, "What you doing?" He looked up at me and shrugged. I gave him a look. "Why don't you want to touch me?" I said and motioned to the huge distance between us. He frowned at me. "Are you scared?" I teased, I knew I was getting into trouble. His jaw dropped. "I should have never opened my fucking mouth. Run bitch." He said.

I started to run away from him then I realised he couldn't hurt me. So I went to meet him. "What do you think you're doing?"He asked when he saw me standing in front of him. I stood there and placed my hand on his chest. He looked down and back at me. "I'm not afraid of you," I said. He placed his hand on my head firmly. I breathed heavily as I felt his heavy gaze on me. "How foolish of you," He pondered after a long pause. "You want me to touch you, wish granted." He leaned down to whisper in my ear and he gave it a gentle bite. Then he kissed me.