PDnim

(Hyejin's POV)

I walked past the staff at the entertainment building and bowed at them as I made my way to the elevator. I just finished a long meeting with PDnim which consisted of me explaining my side regarding all the scandalous tabloids about me, from the picture at the cafe to a fan spotting me at Chuncheon drinking alone to some paparazzi snapping a pic of me leaving a hotel the day after. I was just so thankful they did not get a photo of me with Taehyung or the boys the night they saved my drunk ass. Otherwise, it would have been another case.

"Hyejin!" A loud voice grabbed my attention.

"Ugh," I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Whoa okay Korea's most controversial as of the moment," he joked as he ruffled my hair. "Where are you headed?"

"Home. To hide. And save my face," I said.

"Yeah... That's probably a good idea," he smiled. "I got some tteokbokki," he held up a plastic bag in his hand.

I raised my brows at Jackson, not really sure about where he's going with this.

"I'll hide with you at your place and you can tell me all about the crazy adventures you had," he chuckled and grabbed my wrist dragging me to the private parking lot where he parked his car.

--

"You're crazy!" He exclaimed. "Namjoon should get a new phone since it's been to places." He commented as he popped a rice cake in his mouth.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed some chopsticks and got myself some fish cake.

This was normal in our friendship. We have developed a close bond throughout the years. Random visits and catching up here and there. We knew we could count on each other if we needed to.

"But Taehyungie.." he wiggled his eyebrows at me. "Are you sure nothing happened between you two at the hotel?"

"Yah!!!" I yelled and threw piece of table napkin at him.

He dodged the flying object and shrugged his shoulders fishing out another piece of rice cake. "Really though. You need to be careful next time. Don't be a pabo. You're smarter than that."

I stayed silent at his remark. Of course I knew he was right. I just didn't want to acknowledge the fact that I literally put myself in danger that night.

"I'm just really thankful I misdialed the right person," I muttered struggling to grab a rice cake and fish cake at the same time, not wanting to look Jackson in the eye.

He grabbed some for me and positioned his hand to feed me. I took the bite and gave him a smile that he immediately returned.

--

Jackson just left an hour ago and I was in the shower trying to freshen up.

I stood under the shower head with eyes closed and let the water soak my naked body, trying to keep my mind blank and wash away the unwanted thoughts.

Everything was quiet except for the water hitting the tiled floor.

"You need to be more responsible of your actions if you want to continue in this company," PDnim reprimanded me. "I don't care if you are our biggest profit. I could just create another you in this industry. There are many trainees willing to go through hell just to achieve everything you have. Even more."

I stayed silent and just stared at his desk.

"Do you hear me, Kwon Hyejin?" He asked, raising his voice.

I jumped slightly at his tone and slowly nodded my head, "Ne, PDnim."

A huge sigh escaped my lips as I twisted the knob to turn off the running water.

"Do everything to stay out of their radar. In fact, do nothing at all. Stay home. Avoid the paparazzi at all cost. I don't want to see your name flashed everywhere because of another scandal." He continued.

"I sincerely apologize for my irresponsibility," I muttered.

He looked at me sternly, examining my body language. I fiddled with my fingers as I anxiously waited for his reply.

"I'm suspending your comeback," he stated.

My head shot up at his decision. "PDnim..."

"I want you out of the tabloids, out of the spotlight, then you can start working again. I think you need some time off to regain yourself."

I could feel tears well up in my eyes.

"PDnim.. please.." was all I could say.

He looked at his wrist watch and back at me. "You can see yourself out. I have another meeting with the board."

I was speechless. I couldn't even move.

"This is for your own good, Hyejin."