Tension

(Yeon's POV)

The days that followed were a whirlwind of schedules, appearances, and the constant hum of cameras. My role as Hyejin's bodyguard meant being a constant presence during her packed days—photoshoots, rehearsals, and meetings. It was my duty to ensure her safety, but as the days went by, I found myself becoming more attuned to her nuances.

Hyejin, always focused on her work, seemed to brush off the chaos that surrounded her. In the midst of photoshoots, rehearsals, and interviews, she navigated the storm with a grace that was both admirable and intriguing.

During those days, I found myself drawn to the subtle moments—the way she absentmindedly tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, the soft smile that graced her lips when she thought no one was watching. These gestures, seemingly insignificant, revealed a side of Hyejin that transcended the headlines.

One afternoon, between a rehearsal and a media interview, Hyejin stepped out of the studio into the bustling hallway. The familiar swarm of staff and assistants surrounded her, but my attention was solely on her.

I approached with a bottle of water, holding it out as she turned towards me.

"Stay hydrated, Hyejin," I said, my tone professional but carrying a hint of genuine concern.

She offered a small, appreciative smile, taking the water without a second thought. It was a small exchange, but it was becoming increasingly clear that she saw me as a functional part of her day, nothing more.

As the days passed, I couldn't help but notice the way Hyejin's loyalty seemed firmly anchored to her relationship with Taehyung. Subtle mentions of him in conversations, a glance at her phone for his messages during breaks—she carried their connection with an undeniable subconscious loyalty.

One evening, as I escorted her to the waiting car after a particularly intense photoshoot, I noticed a flash of Taehyung's name on her phone screen. Her eyes lit up as she read his message, and I discreetly averted my gaze, giving her the privacy she deserved.

During a late-night recording session, I found her slumped in her chair, exhausted. Without a word, I draped my jacket over her shoulders, a silent offer of comfort. She looked up, her tired eyes meeting mine, and for a fleeting moment, I sensed a vulnerability that went beyond the strong facade she wore in public.

"Thanks, Yeon," she murmured, a flicker of gratitude in her expression. But it was a fleeting acknowledgment, quickly replaced by a focus on the task at hand.

Taehyung, on the other hand, began to notice the subtle shifts. He observed from the sidelines during visits, occasional glimpses of my gestures that didn't escape his keen eyes.

The possessive edge in his voice became more pronounced over the phone, a subtle warning that didn't go unnoticed.

One day, as I waited with Hyejin outside a venue, Taehyung unexpectedly appeared. His gaze lingered on us, a silent demand for an explanation.

Hyejin, unaware of the brewing tension, greeted him with a smile.

"What brings you here, Tae?" she asked, genuine curiosity in her voice.

"Just checking in," he replied, his eyes never leaving me. "Making sure everything's as it should be."

I responded with a professional demeanor. "Just doing my job, as always."

Taehyung's jaw tightened, a silent warning conveyed through narrowed eyes. "I hope so."

The encounter left an unspoken tension lingering in the air. Hyejin, oblivious to the underlying currents, continued with her schedule, leaving Taehyung to observe from a distance.

As the days unfolded, the dynamics between us took on an unspoken rivalry. Taehyung, possessive and protective, asserted his presence with each visit. Meanwhile, I continued my duties with an added layer of intrigue.

Hyejin, caught between two forces unaware of the tension brewing, remained focused on her career and her relationship.

(Taehyung's POV)

The moment I spotted Yeon with Hyejin, my instincts kicked in. She was my girl, my solace in the whirlwind of this chaotic industry. I'd decided to surprise her, to remind her that I was always there, but seeing this bodyguard hovering around her with his subtle gestures set my blood on fire.

"Yeon, right?" I stepped forward, keeping my tone calm but with a steely undercurrent. He nodded, acknowledging my presence. "Just doing your job, huh?"

He smirked, a hint of arrogance in his eyes. "Someone's got to, especially with the Princess of KPOP attracting so much attention."

I clenched my jaw, not appreciating the sarcasm. "I think I can take care of her without your assistance."

Yeon raised an eyebrow, his cocky smile never fading. "Maybe, but JYP seems to think otherwise. You wouldn't want any scandals tarnishing her reputation, would you?"

My hands curled into fists at my sides, his words digging under my skin. "I don't need a bodyguard to keep things in check."

"JYP disagrees," he said, almost tauntingly. "Maybe you should take it up with him."

I leaned in, narrowing the distance between us. "I don't like your attitude, Yeon."

"And I don't like unnecessary drama. But here we are," he shot back.

I clenched my fists. "Watch your tone."

He shrugged, unaffected. "Just giving credit where it's due, Taehyung. If you can't handle a little competition, maybe you're not as secure as you think."

The tension between us was palpable, a silent battle of wills that spoke volumes. I shot him a warning glare before turning away, leaving him standing there with his smug demeanor.

Hyejin, oblivious to the storm brewing between her bodyguard and me, continued chatting with staff, her radiant smile never faltering.

"Just remember, Taehyung," Yeon finally spoke, his voice low but filled with a challenge. "I'm here to protect her from more than just physical threats."

I shot him a warning glare before turning away, frustrated and seething. This wasn't how I imagined my surprise visit playing out.

Later, as Hyejin and I sat in her dressing room, I couldn't shake off the tension from the encounter. "Who does he think he is?" I muttered, more to myself than to Hyejin.

"Who? Yeon?" she asked, glancing up from her script. "He's just doing his job, Tae. You know how these things go."

"I don't like the way he looks at you," I admitted, unable to contain my possessiveness.

Hyejin chuckled, placing a hand on mine. "Tae, he's just a bodyguard. Relax. I can handle myself."

But as I left her for the night, the unease lingered. Yeon's presence felt like an unwanted intrusion, and I couldn't shake the feeling that this silent rivalry was far from over.