Run-In

(Taehyung's POV)

Admiration brewed within me as I traced the outlines of Hyejin's body, both in the dim light of our shared intimacy and in the memories that lingered in the corners of my mind. Perfect, that was the only word that echoed in my thoughts when it came to her—her mind, her personality, everything about her.

The first time I saw her on stage, the moment she debuted, I was captivated. It wasn't just her beauty, which was breathtaking, but the way she commanded the stage with her voice. I couldn't deny she was my celebrity crush, but the idol life demanded discretion. She was younger, but her mature demeanor attracted me like a moth to a flame.

Approaching her at the cafe was nerve-wracking. My members were betting on whether I had the guts to do it. The idea seemed far-fetched, but impulsively asking for her number made me feel like a kid in a candy store. I always looked forward to coincidentally bumping into her at music events, but our schedules rarely aligned.

Our intimate moments were a symphony of desire—the touch of our lips, the shaky breaths that filled the room, the perfect fit of her body against mine, and the soft moans that resonated like music. I found myself head over heels for her, and the depth of my feelings baffled me.

--

One night, the guys and I decided to go out. However, it took an unexpected turn when we found ourselves in the same club as Yeon. 

The atmosphere turned charged, and subtle tension simmered between us. Yeon's cockiness and challenging dialogue ignited a fire within me. When he smirked, challenging if I was insecure about someone treating Hyejin better, warning him to remember his place became inevitable.

"Taehyung, fancy seeing you here. Does Hyejin know?" Yeon acknowledged, his tone dripping with arrogance.

I squared my shoulders, meeting his gaze with a glare. "Yeon, this isn't the time or place."

He chuckled, taunting me. "Afraid someone might steal your spotlight, Tae? Especially when your relationship is such a well-kept secret."

The heated exchange continued, a volley of words and challenges. Yeon's mocking remarks about our relationship not being public hit a nerve. His insinuations about the longevity of our connection stung, and I found myself resisting the urge to retaliate physically.

"You've got it all wrong, Yeon. Hyejin and I don't need the spotlight to validate what we have," I retorted, my words sharp.

He leaned in, his tone low. "But how long can it last in the shadows, Tae? Maybe, just maybe, someone like me could sweep her off her feet. Ever thought about that?"

My patience wore thin, and the tension reached its peak. "You're overstepping. You better choose your words wisely."

He chuckled, seemingly unfazed. "Or what, Tae? Are you afraid that without the shadows, your little secret won't hold up? You know, I've always been curious about how Hyejin's skin feels."

His mocking tone hit a raw nerve. The atmosphere crackled with unspoken hostility, the air thick with a challenge that refused to dissipate.

I took a deep breath, my jaw clenched in frustration as Yeon continued his taunts. "You're really pushing it, Yeon. You better back off."

He leaned in further, a sly smile playing on his lips. "Or I don't know, her lips. Ever wondered how they taste without the secrecy?"

My temper flared, and I shot him a warning glare. "Enough, Yeon. This is your final warning."

The back-and-forth reached a boiling point, the unspoken tension between us tangible. His relentless provocations grated on my nerves, but I held back, determined not to let it escalate further in the crowded club.

"Just remember, Tae," Yeon sneered, stepping back with a mocking salute. "Secrecy can only protect you for so long. Eventually, the truth comes out."

With that parting shot, he melted into the crowd, leaving me seething with a mix of anger and frustration. The night out had taken an unexpected turn, and the weight of Yeon's insinuations lingered in the air.

--

Back at Hyejin's apartment, the echo of Yeon's words still reverberated in my mind. The night had taken an unsettling turn, and I couldn't shake off the lingering unease. I found Hyejin in the living room, her expression questioning as she took in the tension etched on my face.

"Taehyung, what happened?" she asked, concern furrowing her brows.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "It's nothing, Hyejin. Just a run-in with Yeon. He was being... difficult."

Her eyes searched mine, a silent understanding passing between us. "You want to talk about it?"

I shook my head, offering a small smile. "No, let's not ruin the night. We were having a good time before he showed up."

Hyejin's features softened, and she approached, reaching out to gently touch my arm. "Taehyung, if something's bothering you, I want to know. We're in this together, remember?"

Her sincerity warmed my heart, and I pulled her into a comforting embrace. "I know, Hyejin. Let's just enjoy the night. I don't want his words to ruin our time together."

As we settled back into the easy rhythm of our shared moments, the weight of Yeon's taunts began to fade. I focused on Hyejin, on the simplicity of our connection, determined not to let the shadows cast by others darken what we had.

The soft glow of the apartment's lights bathed us in a warm embrace as we sought solace in each other's company. Hyejin, sensing the need to break free from the lingering tension, flashed a mischievous smirk.

"You know, Tae," she teased, "after a night like this, a shower might be the perfect way to wash away any lingering troubles. Care to join me?"

Her playful suggestion ignited a spark in my eyes, and a genuine laugh escaped my lips. "Now that sounds like a fantastic idea. Lead the way."