Daily Naver

(Hyejin's POV)

I stood by my huge glass window with arms crossed over my chest. My eyes stared out into the huge city I lived in. Despite it being a Sunday, the streets were still busy as if it was already Monday. I could even see the traffic from the floor I was in.

Thinking back to the events yesterday, a sigh escaped my lips.

-

"What did you do!?" I exclaimed, turning around to stare at my friends.

"Hyejin, you need a break. Get back out there, explore, meet new people! Go back to dating!"

"But Jackson, that is not a decision for you to make!

"Hyejin-ah, it's just brunch. It's not like it's a "date" date. Like I said, if you're not stepping up, I'd gladly take your place," Hana chuckled.

A defeated sigh escaped my lips. I looked at the phone screen and back at my friends.

"I mean, I know we overstepped, but this could be a good thing." Hana said. "Let things flow freely. You don't have to worry so much about the future by being so restrictive in the present."

-

My thoughts got cut off by the sound of my doorbell ringing. With confusion, I turned my head and stared at the door. It rang again. I didn't move an inch as I turned my head to my wall clock; 8:57am.

The doorbell rang again, catching my attention and startling me. I dragged my feet across my marble floor and pressed the button on my intercom. 

This time, hard knocking could be heard instead of my doorbell. My eyes went wide as I saw who was outside through my intercom. Grabbing the doorknob immediately, I swung the door open.

(Taehyung's POV)

"Oh cheer up, buttercup! Maybe you're just not meant to be," Jimin joked as he handed me a potato pancake.

"I don't want to burst your bubble, but "something came up" is such a lame excuse," Yoongi-hyung inserted.

That didn't make me feel any better at all. What could have happened? I already had everything planned out in my head. I was already ready and it's an hour away from the time we planned to meet up.

"Hyung, she's one of the busiest people in the industry. Of course there will always be last minute schedules," Namjoon-hyung defended.

He could be right. Still, it didn't make me feel any better. I was really looking forward to this brunch.

I rested my chin on my palm as I watched my bandmates talk about their failed dating experiences to try and cheer me up. However, my thoughts just went on about the reasons why Hyejin cancelled or if is it even worth a try pursuing her. Should I try to ask again next time? What if she cancels again? Or what if she rejects me on the spot.. again? Maybe Jimin is right. Maybe it's just not meant to happen?

(Hyejin's POV)

I took a sip from my iced americano and stared at the person in front of me. 

"Why are looking at me like that," he asked.

I stayed silent. I couldn't find the right words to say to him. I was stopping myself from tearing up, my bottom lip slightly quivering.

"I know I should've called, but, I didn't have--"

"It's been years," I quietly said.

He softly smiled and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I just looked down and tapped my fingers on the condensation forming on my tall glass.

"When did you get here?" I asked.

"I just finished my military service a week ago and I saw you on TV during that award show. You've been doing really well, I see," he said carefully.

Without taking a look at him, I just nodded. I couldn't understand what I was feeling right now. A wave of emotions rushed through me.

The cafe was busy as usual. But we decided to take the seat by the window at the back with the view of the sea. I turned my body away from him to face directly at the window with slumped shoulders.

"I-- I don't know what to say," I muttered, staring out into the ocean.

"You don't have to say anything. I understand that you're feeling very overwhelmed right now," he reassured.

He rested his elbows on the table and also stared out into the open, giving me enough time to process my emotions.

(Taehyung's POV)

We arrived at the company building for a quick meeting with Bang PDnim regarding our schedules for our upcoming album and other events. It was too early and I stayed up late with Jungkook.

Others went to get a cup of coffee while Hobi-hyung, Jimin, Jungkook and I stayed to wait for Bang PDnim.

I leaned back on my chair, turning it from side to side just staring at the ceiling. Hyejin has not hit me up after cancelling on me. Ever since then, I've been racking my brain as to when I'll be able to see her again or ask her out again. We rarely see each other because of many reasons, obviously, but I just couldn't help wonder if I will ever get a chance to get to know her better. I know I could just search her on Naver and tons of information can be grasped from the internet, but I want to get to know her. Not who she shows on camera, but who she really is behind the spotlight.

"Heol! Hyung! Have you seen Daily Naver?" Jungkook shot up.

"Why?" I carelessly asked without looking at him.

"Hyejin is trending."

My head quickly turned to face our youngest member. Jimin and Hobi-hyung stood up to gather around Jungkook and look at his phone.

Jimin's eyes widened as he was taken aback by what he just saw.

"That could be fake," Hobi-hyung suggested.

"Quick! Read the comments!" Jimin inserted.

I tilted my head as my eyebrows furrowed. I pushed myself off my chair and snatched JK's phone off his grip.

"KWON HYEJIN SPOTTED WITH MYSTERY MAN"

A/N: I dead 💀 Hello everyone!!! It's been the longest time since I last updated and I've seen comments asking me to update

A/N: I dead 💀 Hello everyone!!! It's been the longest time since I last updated and I've seen comments asking me to update. I would like to apologize for being inactive and for the really long wait. I know this is probably not what you wanted to read after waiting for months, but I will try to make it interesting. I have been busy with work lately, but I also have been back to writing drafts so I promise to update often. Thank you everyone for the support and I hope I could bring you joy with my updates.  Don't forget to vote and comment! Borahae~💜