Security

(Taehyung's POV)

After leaving the building and driving to Hyejin's apartment, I noticed a couple of men guarding the entrance to the apartment building. Which was unusual from what it used to be.

When I approached the door, they wouldn't let me in. They wouldn't let anyone who did not possess a resident card in of the said building for safety measures. That means Hyejin was just there.

"But I'm a good friend of Hyejin," I negotiated with the security.

"Sir, I'm not sure if you read the news, but Ms. Kwon is under a strict protection program after a stalking incident so we cannot just let anyone in the premises," the guy in a black suit stated.

"But I am not just anyone!" I said with gritted teeth.

"Sir, if you do not leave, we might have to use force," another guy warned.

Realizing there was no point in arguing, I groaned and walked away.

I took my phone out of my coat and decided to dial her phone again.

"Your call has been redirected to voicemail. Please leave a message after the beep."

I pressed end and just ran my hand through my hair, turning back to look at the apartment building.

Namjoon-hyung was right. I shouldn't have come here.

(Hyejin's POV)

"Come in," I heard from the other side of the door.

My hand twisted on the doorknob, making my way inside PDnim's office.

A man sat in front of him, with his back facing me. I closed the door and bowed, then cautiously moved closer to the table.

The man stood up and turned around, wearing a black sweater and slacks. He smiled at me and bowed after.

I returned a small smile.

"Hyejin-ah, please take a seat," PDnim offered

I nodded and made my over to the seat.

"Okay, so before we do introductions. Hyejin-ah, the company has been getting countless phone calls here and there, after the incident," PDnim started in a serious tone.

I felt the guy's eyes burn on my side as I saw him look at me from my peripheral vision.

"And I'm not liking it. I'm even getting death threats and accused of being such a lousy CEO for putting my idols at risk!" he frowned as he laid back on his chair.

I stayed silent, not knowing how to respond to his statements.

"I suspended your comeback and told you to stay out of the media, then this happened," he said pinching the bridge of his nose. "What am I going to do with you, Kwon Hyejin? Why are you being such a headache lately?"

I frowned at his comment and started defending myself, "PDnim, it wasn't my fault that that happened to me. I had no control over the situation!"

"You knew better than to go around alone!" He retorted.

"I had a shoot and the building was well protected by security, PDnim! Not anyone has access to the premises!" I gasped.

He slammed his hands on his table and stood up.

"You think I don't know about your little escape to your stylist friend's party?!" He exclaimed.

I froze in my seat. I blinked my eyes a few times, at loss for words.

"Look what you got out of it instead," he spat while pointing to my ankle.

"PDnim..." That was all I could say.

"You had one job to do, and that was to avoid being on outrageous tabloids and articles! If I don't keep you in check, you are gonna drag the company down with you!"

Tears started welling up in my eyes as his words stabbed me like sharp knives.

He let out a loud exhale and tried to calm himself down. He straightened his suit and sat back down

"Which is why I decided to take things into my own hands," he directed towards the guy beside me. "Meet your new bodyguard, Choi Yeon."

I looked to my side and he slowly bowed his head again, trying to keep a straight face. I bet he feels awkward after seeing me being scolded.

"He will be with you at all times. He will make sure you are safe at all times which means wherever you go, he goes. And if you plan to go anywhere without his presence, you can't. You need someone to watch over you," he explained.

PDnim turned towards me, his face relaxing.

"Now, all I ask of you to do is just avoid bad publicity, okay?" he fake smiled.

I couldn't respond because of how overwhelmed I was feeling.

"Great! Fighting!" PDnim sarcastically said.

--

The elevator arrived on my floor of the apartment building and I immediately exited and made a beeline towards my entrance.

I ignored the new bodyguard who was just trailing behind me, making sure to do the job he was intended to do.

Before opening my door, I faced him. He was taken aback by my sudden movement and leaned back.

"Look, Choi Young--"

"Yeon..." he smiled as he corrected.

"Yeah, look, I don't like this and I'm pretty sure you have better things to do other than follow a celebrity all day. So let's make this easier for both of us." I began.

He stood still and waited for me to continue with an amused expression on his face.

"Just quit. You can end your agony before it starts," I continued.

He smiled and looked down then back at me. I gulped at his gaze, trying to maintain eye contact to show that I am not inferior to him.

"Ms. Kwon, don't get me wrong, but I've had worse jobs before that didn't even pay half as much as what I am being paid to be here," he responded.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

He bent over towards me to be the same height as me which caused me to instantly lean back, eyebrows furrowed. My breath hitched at the close distance between us.

"Plus, it would be such an honor to secure your safety every day, Ms. Kwon."