Comeback

(Yeon's POV)

I leaned back in my chair, studying Hyejin's face as she laid bare the struggles she faced in the entertainment industry. The carnival around us buzzed with laughter and the distant sounds of rides, but in that moment, it felt like we were in our own little world.

"That's heavy," I replied, my tone soft. "But you don't have to carry that weight alone."

She looked at me, her eyes searching mine for sincerity. For a moment, there was silence between us, only broken by the distant waves crashing on the shore.

"Yeon, this world can be so fake," she whispered, as if afraid the truth might shatter the moment. "I've built walls to protect myself, but sometimes I wonder if those walls are the very things keeping me from living."

I nodded in understanding. The pressure to conform, to meet expectations, it was a burden I knew all too well. But hearing her speak so openly, it struck a chord within me.

"Sometimes, you have to break those walls," I said, my gaze meeting hers. "Not for anyone else, but for yourself."

Her lips curled into a small smile, a hint of vulnerability in her eyes. The sun dipped lower on the horizon, casting a warm glow over the carnival.

"Yeon," she began, her voice softer now, "thank you for today. For reminding me that there's more to life than the image we project."

"Anytime, Ms. Kwon. You're not alone in this."

As we sat there, the carnival lights flickered to life, casting a vibrant kaleidoscope of colors around us. It was a moment frozen in time, a pause in the hectic rhythm of life.

(Hyejin's POV)

The dressing room was a haven of chaos and anticipation, the air filled with the scent of hairspray and nervous energy.

My reflection stared back at me, the carefully crafted mask concealing the turmoil within. The constant demands from my PDnim echoed like a haunting melody, each note a reminder of the perfection expected of me.

Yeon lingered in the shadows, his watchful eyes following my every move. I could feel the weight of his concern, a protective shield that sometimes felt more suffocating than comforting.

Hana flitted around me like a butterfly, her hands deftly working to perfect every detail.

"This comeback is crucial, Hyejin. We need to make sure you shine brighter than ever."

The words hung in the air, the pressure to be flawless clawing at me. The familiar pull of toxic coping mechanisms whispered in my mind, tempting me to surrender to their dark allure. But I couldn't afford to succumb, not when the world expected nothing less than perfection.

(Taehyung's POV)

Music Bank's backstage is a tapestry of emotions. Jungkook's distant demeanor casts a shadow over the group's unity. Hoseok's gentle encouragement echoes in my mind as I grapple with the aftermath of the argument with Hyejin. I know I need to fix this.

Jimin joins me, nudging me with words of wisdom. "Tae, you can't let this linger. Talk to her. It's not too late."

His words hit home, and determination sparks within me. I need to make amends, mend the melody that got discordant.

As I pace backstage, Jimin subtly nudges me towards Hyejin's dressing room. "You know what to do, Tae. Don't let a misunderstanding ruin something beautiful."

His encouragement fuels my resolve, and I approach the door, hesitating for a moment before knocking. The echo of my knuckles against the wood feels like the beginning of a new melody.

Hyejin opens the door, surprise flickering in her eyes. The air between us is heavy with unspoken words.

"T-Tae..." she stuttered.

"Hey," I sighed, relieved that she didn't shut the door in my face.

I felt a knot in my stomach as I tried to form the right words to say to her.

"I'm sorry, Tae," she begins, a hint of vulnerability beneath her usual poise. "I shouldn't have said those things."

Her apology resonates, and she continues, "I shut you out when all you wanted was to be there for me. I'm sorry for not considering your feelings."

For a moment, the world seemed to still. I took a breath, letting her words sink in. The sincerity in her eyes, the raw honesty, tugged at something within me. A gentle smile curved on my lips, a mix of understanding and forgiveness.

"I know you're dealing with a lot, and I should've been more understanding. I let my frustration get the better of me, and for that, I'm genuinely sorry."

Her expression softens as she slowly approaches me with caution. I felt her arms find their way around my neck as she tiptoed to pull me into a hug. A sigh escaped her lips as her grip tightened. My hands slowly wrapped around her small frame careful not to put too much pressure. Somehow the world stopped and I wish we could stay like this forever.