Frantic

"Turn to the side, Hyejin-ah, then tilt your head up a little bit," the photographer instructed. "Yes, there we go, perfect!"

Despite having my comeback suspended, I still had some of my scheduled shoots, endorsements, meetings, and many more that I needed to attend to.

My manager made such a big fuss about me ignoring her calls, but honestly, I didn't feel like answering anyone from the company.

Taehyung took me home a few days ago. I came home in his clothes that he allowed me to wear home since I didn't have fresh ones.

When I got into my apartment building, I had to make sure that I was well disguised to avoid paparazzi... or just anyone for that matter.

I needed to make a comeback, otherwise, my fans would be disappointed.

"How many looks are we doing today?" I asked Hana as I sat on the makeup chair, grabbing a bottle of water with a straw in it.

She went ahead and did some retouch on my face where it started to get oily while I sipped and quenched my thirst after posing for hours.

We were doing a shoot for TC Candler Most Beautiful Faces. I was one of the nominated idols out of 100.

"This is the final one," she assured me.

I nodded and placed back the bottle on the table in front of me.

"2nd year being nominated, huh. How does it feel to be God's favorite?" Hana joked as she brushed my cheeks with translucent powder.

"I'm not anyone's favorite," I rolled my eyes.

I stared at myself in the vanity as Hana and some other stylists did my hair and adjusted my dress. I was still wearing my ankle support so we had to do half-body shots to avoid that sight for sore eyes.

"You know, Taehyung is also nominated this year," she smirked.

I nodded as I remembered him sharing it with me.

"Imagine if you two got together. You'd be the most good-looking couple!" She exclaimed, waving her makeup brush in the air.

"Who said we were going to be together?" I asked out of curiosity.

She rolled her eyes and dabbed her last touch of blush on my cheeks, "Honey, you don't question destiny. You just gotta let it happen."

--

After a long day of shooting, I let out a big yawn and tied my hair up in a messy high ponytail.

I checked the time and it was 6:30 pm.

I walked towards an elevator in the company building and pressed the button leading to the basement parking, where Driver Yoon would be waiting.

Once the doors opened, I was greeted by a silent parking space.

I stepped out of the elevator and started walking to where the car would be, my footsteps echoing as my heels hit the concrete.

As I kept walking, I heard another pair of footsteps right behind me. I stopped in the middle of the parking lot and heard the footsteps halt as well.

I took in a sharp breath and started making quick steps again. Those same footsteps began too.

I grabbed on my sling bag and tried to jog, but the footsteps got faster as I did.

Too scared to look back, I decided to make a turn to try and lose the person trailing me. However, the footsteps continued to follow me.

My eyes scanned for a hiding spot when I spotted a small corner between an Elantra and a Range Rover. I crouched down and noticed that the person was carefully retracing my steps and searching for me. He turned his head to where I was and I immediately ducked to hide.

I covered my mouth and closed my eyes as I trembled. Who could be following me? And why?

I heard footsteps walking away.

I peeked through the side of the car window and examined if the coast was clear. I decided to slowly stand up and move out of the tight corner, double-checking from side to side.

When I thought that it was safe enough, I decided to run towards where I know Driver Yoon was parked. I kept looking back to see if that same person was following me.

As I made a turn, I ran into someone which startled me and I let out a scream. A pair of hands grabbed the side of my arms and made me look at them.

"Hyejin-ah!! Hyejin!!! It's me! It's just me!"

I looked up and saw Driver Yoon. My tear-filled wide eyes decided to look behind me.

Driver Yoon caught on and decided to take me back to the car to calm me down.

--

(Taehyung's POV)

"Another case of celebrity stalking? This just in, Korea's Pop Princess, Kwon Hyejin, was seen in CCTV footage, behaving frantically in a basement parking lot. Sources say she came from a shoot when she arrived at the parking space, where her driver was waiting. However, in the middle of the footage, you can see her running around which was caught on the camera located at the West Wing, opposite of where her driver was supposedly parked. The footage was not able to capture the identity of the possible stalker besides a clip of them walking around in search of the celebrity. Fans are angered by how lightly her entertainment company is taking this and they are demanding more security for the idol. JYP Entertainment has yet to make a statement about this issue."

I quickly fished out my phone and dialed her number, only to be sent to voicemail immediately.

I decided to call again, but still no answer.

"She's probably still shaken from what happened," Namjoon-Hyung explained.

Being stubborn, I tapped on her name again and began to call her. This time, her phone was shut off.

"Tae..." Jimin began.

Ignoring them, I stood up and grabbed my car keys, and left the meeting room.

While walking down the halls, Jin-Hyung and Jungkook were walking towards me, asking me where I was headed.

I just pushed past them and got on the elevator.

"Taehyung-ah!!! It's no use going to her! Security would probably be extra tight, especially right now!"

I heard Namjoon-Hyung call out as he walked towards where Jin-Hyung and JK stood.

"Hyung is right," Jimin exhaled, catching up to where everyone was now.

"What exactly is going on?" Jin-Hyung asked.

"Taehyung-ah, the only way you can help her is to give her some time and space to recover from what happened," Namjoon-Hyung continued to explain.

The four guys stared at me, waiting for an answer. I looked at them and pressed a button.

"Mianhae," I said before the elevator doors closed.