MAMA

(Hyejin's POV)

I sat on the balcony of my apartment, the cool breeze gently rustling the edges of the blanket wrapped around me. The day stretched ahead, a rare break from the demanding schedule.

As I gazed out at the city below, my mind danced between conflicting thoughts. The events of the past few days echoed in my mind, and a heavy sigh escaped me. The decision to confront PDnim about Yeon had left me feeling vulnerable and uncertain about the path ahead.

I traced the edge of the blanket absentmindedly, the fabric a tangible reminder of the choices I had to make. It wasn't just about me; it was about Taehyung and me. Was it selfish of me to put Taehyung in this situation? To keep our love hidden like a secret rendezvous in the shadows in the first place?

In the distance, a billboard of my latest endorsement caught my eye. The image of my face smiled down at the world, a glamorous facade that masked the complexities within. 

I stared at it, as if expecting the answers to materialize from the glossy poster.

"What would you do, huh?" I mumbled to myself, the city's sounds blending with the murmur of my thoughts.

Suddenly, an idea sparked in my mind. 

--

The night of MAMA arrived, and the energy in the venue was palpable. As the awards ceremony unfolded, I couldn't help but feel a mixture of nerves and excitement. Bagging awards for my album, I stepped onto the stage, the crowd's applause echoing in the grand hall.

Taking a deep breath, I held the microphone, the weight of the MAMA Awards trophy in my hand, a symbol of the culmination of years of hard work, dedication, and unwavering support.

"Thank you, thank you so much to everyone who has supported me on this incredible journey," I began, my voice resonating through the venue. 

"To JYP Entertainment, for believing in me and giving me the freedom to explore my artistry. Your trust has allowed me to spread my wings and reach heights I never thought possible."

The crowd erupted in cheers, their energy washing over me like a tidal wave. As I continued, my gaze swept across the sea of faces, each person a part of the mosaic that made up my success.

"To my amazing fans," I exclaimed, a genuine smile playing on my lips, "you're the reason I do what I do. Your love and dedication inspire me every day. This journey wouldn't be half as beautiful without you, and for that, I'm eternally grateful."

The atmosphere buzzed with positivity, but I sensed the undercurrent of anticipation. It was time to address the rumors and speculations that had shadowed my personal life.

"And to those who doubted, to the critics and the skeptics," I continued, my tone unwavering, "thank you. Your doubts fueled my determination to prove that an artist can evolve and redefine themselves. Every challenge, every hurdle, only strengthened my resolve to be true to my art and to myself."

I held the award in my hand, its gleaming surface reflecting the journey of resilience and growth.

"Now," I said, taking a moment to let the gravity of the next words settle, "I want to express my gratitude to someone who has been my anchor, my number one supporter—my Taehyungie."

The mention of his name elicited a collective sigh and a wave of cheers from the audience. I let a genuine smile bloom on my face as I spoke directly to him through the camera.

"Taehyung, thank you for being my constant, my pillar of strength," I expressed, my voice filled with sincerity. 

"In this whirlwind of a life, you've been my sanctuary. Your unwavering support, love, and understanding have carried me through both the highs and lows. This award is as much yours as it is mine."

The crowd erupted in cheers, and I could sense the shock and joy rippling through the audience. My fellow idols, including BTS, looked on with surprise, their reactions a mix of applause and wide-eyed disbelief.

Taehyung, who sat in the front row along with his members, stared at me with a mixture of shock and delight. The subtle twist in his lips hinted at a smile as he mouthed, "What did you do?"

I simply winked in response, savoring the unexpected turn of events. 

The MAMA Awards had become the stage for our unspoken reveal, a moment that would forever change the dynamics of our hidden connection.

As the night continued, reactions from fellow idols flooded in. 

Jackson, ever the enthusiastic friend, approached me backstage. "Hyejin, you sly fox! That was legendary!"

I laughed, grateful for the support. "Sometimes you gotta shake things up, Jackson."

He grinned, "Well, you certainly did that. Taehyung's probably still recovering from the shock."

Indeed, as I joined Taehyung after the awards ceremony, the surprise still lingered in his eyes. "You didn't tell me," he teased, a playful smile on his face.

I shrugged, linking my arm with his. "Where's the fun in that? Besides, I wanted it to be a surprise for both of us."

Taehyung chuckled, pulling me into a warm embrace. 

I noticed Yeon discreetly slipped away from the crowd, his retreating figure disappearing into the backstage shadows. My attention, however, remained fixed on Taehyung, the man whose presence had become my anchor.

"Now that's out of the way, how about moving in together?" Taehyung joked, a playful glint in his eyes.

"You're pushing it," I laughed, a warmth spreading through me at the thought of sharing more than just secret moments.

Taehyung pulled me closer, his arm around my waist. "I'm serious, though. No more hiding, no more secrets. Just us, together."

The idea of a life without the constraints of secrecy felt like a breath of fresh air. I looked into Taehyung's eyes, finding reassurance and love in the depths of his gaze.

"Hmm tempting, but I might have to think about it," I teased, leaning into his embrace.