Conflict

(Hyejin's POV)

Returning to Seoul after our weekend getaway felt like stepping back into reality. The bustling city, the constant hum of people, and the never-ending schedule of an idol. 

Taehyung and I had agreed to keep our newfound connection under wraps, a decision that seemed more prudent with every passing day.

My comeback was a whirlwind. The new album, filled with energetic tracks that showcased a different side of me, received an overwhelming response. The public loved the change, and the numbers spoke for themselves. It broke records as soon as it was released, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of accomplishment.

One evening, after a particularly hectic schedule of interviews and performances, I found myself in the company of fellow idols backstage at a music show. Among them was Jackson, a friend I had known for years.

"Hey, Hyejin!" Jackson greeted with a wide grin, his enthusiasm contagious. "I checked out your new album. Killer stuff! It's like a whole new vibe for you."

I chuckled, appreciating the genuine compliment. "Thanks, Jackson. Wanted to shake things up a bit, you know?"

He nodded, sipping on his water. "Well, consider it shaken. I'm all for artists reinventing themselves."

As the night progressed, more idols dropped by to express their thoughts on the album. Each interaction felt like a validation of the risks I had taken with my music.

Meanwhile, Taehyung and I continued to navigate the delicate balance between our personal and public lives. Our secret weekend getaway remained just that – a secret. It was a dance of stolen glances and brief touches, hidden amidst the chaos of our respective careers.

One day, as we found a rare moment alone in the practice room, he grinned at me. "Your album is making waves, Hyejin. Everyone's talking about it. They have no idea, do they?"

I smirked, the thrill of our shared secret adding a playful edge to our interaction. "Not a clue. Let them focus on the music, not the personal stuff."

He nodded in agreement, his gaze lingering on mine. "We're doing alright, aren't we?"

"Yeah," I replied, a genuine smile forming. "We are."

As days turned into weeks, Taehyung and I became adept at navigating the intricacies of our hidden connection. We stole moments backstage, exchanged subtle glances during events, and supported each other from the shadows.

One evening, after a particularly exhausting day of promotions, Taehyung pulled me aside.

"Hey," he said, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "What do you say we grab a quiet dinner tonight? Somewhere away from prying eyes?"

I grinned, appreciating his thoughtful gesture. "Sounds perfect. Lead the way."

The evening air was cool as Taehyung and I stepped out of the bustling studio. His suggestion of a quiet dinner away from prying eyes sounded like the perfect escape. As we strolled down the dimly lit streets, the city's chaos faded into the background, leaving only the comforting presence of Taehyung by my side.

"So, where are we headed?" I asked, the curiosity evident in my tone.

Tae grinned, a playful glint in his eyes. "A little place I know. Lowkey, but with amazing food."

As we arrived at the cozy restaurant, the fragrant aroma of steak greeted us. The intimate ambiance felt like a world away from the flashing cameras and constant scrutiny of our public lives.

As we settled into our secluded corner, the conversation flowed effortlessly. Taehyung shared stories from the latest BTS activities, and I updated him on the whirlwind of my comeback. It was these moments, away from the spotlight, that strengthened the bond between us.