Escape

(Yeon's POV)

The days continued in their chaotic rhythm, each one a variation of the last.

My role as Hyejin's guardian became more ingrained, and the subtle tension with Taehyung lingered in the background like a storm waiting to unleash.

Hyejin remained the epitome of grace, seemingly untouched by the brewing storm around her. As her bodyguard, I continued to walk the fine line between professionalism and the unspoken intrigue that had developed. Subtle soft gestures became second nature—adjusting her chair, ensuring her comfort during long shoots, and offering a reassuring presence in the midst of chaos.

One evening, after a particularly demanding rehearsal, I found her slumped against the wall, looking exhausted.

Without a word, I extended my hand, offering support. She glanced at me, a fleeting vulnerability in her eyes before she accepted the silent offer.

"Long day," she mumbled, a tired but appreciative smile on her lips.

"Take a break when you can, Hyejin," I advised, my tone gentle. "You've earned it."

Her gratitude lingered, but it was fleeting. As she moved on to her next commitment, I couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment, knowing that she saw me merely as a part of her professional routine.

The tension with Taehyung continued to escalate, and I couldn't resist the subtle moments of defiance—maintaining eye contact a fraction longer, standing a bit closer than necessary. Each gesture, a quiet challenge to the possessive force that loomed in the background.

One day, as Hyejin and I stood in the crowded lobby of a music show venue, I received a text from Taehyung. "Keep your distance," it read, the warning clear.

I pocketed my phone, the corner of my lips curling into a smirk. The possessiveness in Taehyung's messages only fueled my determination.

Hyejin, however, remained oblivious to the silent war being waged in her periphery.

(Hyejin's POV)

The tension with Yeon and Taehyung lingered in the air, creating an atmosphere that felt suffocating.

It was a relief when the day finally came to an end, and I found myself yearning for a break from the chaos.

"Hana, let's get out of here," I suggested to my best friend and makeup artist as we wrapped up another long day. "I need a breather."

Hana grinned, always up for an adventure. "You read my mind, Hyejin. How about some Kbbq and somaek? Just the two of us?"

I nodded, grateful for the opportunity to escape the prying eyes and unspoken rivalries.

We headed to a local spot known for its delicious barbecue and vibrant atmosphere. The night air was a welcomed change from the artificial lights of the studio.

As we settled into a cozy corner, the scent of grilling meat wafting through the air, we immersed ourselves in the simple pleasure of good food and better company. Laughter came easy, and for a moment, I could forget about the pressures of being in this industry.

Unbeknownst to us, a few familiar faces were also in the same establishment. Jungkook along with Mingyu and Eun Woo, members of other prominent K-pop groups, were enjoying their own evening out.

Jungkook, always the observant one, spotted us first. His eyes widened in recognition, and he nudged Mingyu with a playful smirk. "Look who's here."

Mingyu, a tall and charming member of SEVENTEEN, followed Jungkook's gaze and caught sight of me. A subtle smile played on his lips as he turned to Jungkook. "Well, well. What do we have here?"