Chapter 2 - The Capturer

Waking up a few hours early, (Y/N) decided to do some more exploring of Castor Labs.

    She wore her uniform and held a bagel in her hands as she walked around to different areas. She avoided all the places Mr. Fidero showed her and ventured into unknown halls. She had stumbled across an area called the Hold, a place the guard had mentioned yesterday when A1 decided to give her a fright. The Hold was connected directly to the labs by a long and wide hallway. The doors were locked and required a specific keycard to be accessed, unfortunately, (Y/N)'s keycard limited her to only the labs and the living quarters.

    She looked at the sign above the doors. "The Hold. Proceed with Caution." The words were in light blue L.E.D lights. (Y/N) wasn't informed about this area, maybe because she was never meant or expected to come here. But the way the guard said he'll take A1 to the Hold after he acted out, she guessed that it was some type of place for punishment when demons attempt to hurt their Keepers.

    The doors opened up and two guards came exiting out, one female and the other male. They were chatting before noticing (Y/N) standing near the doors.

"You need something, ma'am?" The female guard questioned. She was holding a large pulse rifle that was a bit aimed towards (Y/N). The male guard stood behind his partner and eyed the (h/c) lady suspiciously, it was obvious they were suspicious of her being around the Hold and it was clear that she's not supposed to be there.

    (Y/N) sweated and tried to keep her cool, but it was hard when a weapon that can turn anything but demons into dust was pointing in her direction. "No, I'm fine. I'm a newly hired Keeper and I'm just exploring the place a bit before my shift starts." She added a smile at the end to ease their suspicions.

    The female guard looked the lady up and down a few times. She holstered the rifle on her back after examining her, (Y/N) sighing in relief and feeling like she can breathe. "ID please."

    The female guard held out her hand impatiently, (Y/N) fished around in her coat pockets, and pulled out her Keeper keycard. 'They really don't want me here, do they?'

    She handed the female guard her ID and she quickly skimmed it over, the male guard taking a look as well from over his partner's shoulders. The female guard seemed content with the info and handed the card back. "Keepers aren't allowed in this area. Only Capturers and the guards."

"Oh... well, why is that?" The simple question sparked a response from the male guard. "It's just how the rules are, ma'am. Now run along before we'll have to report this."

'Report?! For just standing around?!' This baffled (Y/N). Keepers can get reported for standing near the Hold? If this place was so important, why wasn't she informed about it? Either way, (Y/N) didn't want a report already when she just started working here. She quickly apologized and went to leave when the doors opened again and a man walked out. When he saw the guards, especially the female one, he smugly grinned and decided to walk over.

"Katherine, Anje? I thought you two were heading out to do your... you know, bonding time?" He had a sarcastic tone and seemed to mock them. The man had short dark hair, some beard stubble, and looked like a troublemaker of sorts. 

     The female guard, or now Katherine, groaned. "We were leaving Axel, but we found a Keeper standing around where she isn't supposed to be." All eyes went to (Y/N), making the lady flush. She backed up and began leaving, hoping she can get away from the embarrassing situation.

"Hey! Wait, hold on!" The man, Axel called after her and pulled her back in. "No need to leave." He looked back to the two guards. "There is literally no reason why a Keeper shouldn't be allowed near the Hold. I say we let her in." Axel began pulling (Y/N) towards the doors. She politely refused repeatedly and tried tugging her arm out from his hold, almost dropping her bagel. Axel pretended to swipe his card into the lock, causing the guards to raise their guns at both of them. (Y/N) shrieked when she heard the click and buzz of the rifles, telling her that they were ready to be fired. Axel laughed hysterically and waved the two guards off, he let the (h/c) lady go and she stepped back far away from the doors, clear fear in her (e/c) eyes.