Chapter 53 - The Blurs

The snowstorm didn't let up throughout the night.

    Even as it was approaching morning, the snow still fell but not as clumpy as it was before. Because of this, it was decided that the three will stay in the parking garage until the snow stops.

    However long that'll be...

    It was quiet in the parking garage, not a single sound being heard besides (Y/N)'s tapping on her camera and Ki's small breaths. She laid on her stomach while her eyes were focused on the device in her hands. She kept hitting rewind on the video she took last night, pausing it when it got to Ki and slowing it down, luckily the camera got a clear view of his hair. The video started playing but slower this time and, as she had thought, a white strand of his hair started changing to black. The video only got the ends of his hair but it looks like it changed from the root to the end. 'Why?' She thought. His changing hair has been on her mind since it started shifting colors. She had guesses on possible answers, maybe it's because of the season? But Ki said his hair hasn't been white in his humanoid form since fifty years ago. Age? No, she doesn't know how old he is. Maybe it's just random? But if it was, his hair changing should be more often, not after half a century.

    Her (e/c) eyes looked up to the demon sitting in front of her but having his attention in his hands. Ki was using a portal to observe the area around them and possibly find a path that wasn't filled by the snow. Because it was a portal, snowflakes traveled through it and floated up from his hands.

    While he was doing this, Akai went to find something else to burn after the driver's seat they used was burnt to a crisp. Since there was little to no fire, Ki tossed his coat over (Y/N), not really needing it as much as her.

    (Y/N) went back to her camera, hoping to find a logical answer to her questions concerning the demon.

    Ki felt her eyes off of him and looked down towards her without turning his head.

    Some of the snowflakes that came through his hand portal found their way onto her hair and the fur of her parka hood. She looked deep in thought and concentrated on something and it reminded him of back in the labs. Whenever she worked, she had the same face and he honestly missed it. His attention was solely on her at this moment.

    His love. His beautiful human. How he'd survived a week without her, he has no clue.

    His dark eyes then moved around the parking garage, not seeing the blond idiot anywhere. Akai didn't go too far, he's still in the building. Ki sent his portal to fly around the garage in search of him. After a few moments, Ki found him kneeling over the dead body of a demon with a malicious smirk. The blood pooled around the corpse and turned lumpy when it was exposed to air. It seems like the two fought it out until the enemy demon was eventually defeated.

'He's three floors down...' Ki thought. His eyes went back to (Y/N) before looking outside.

'The storm should be able to cover our tracks before the idiot comes back.' Ki could get (Y/N) a mile away in less than five minutes. He didn't care if that would put him and Akai on further bad terms, Akai already thinks he's untrustworthy and it's not like they were buddies before all of this.

    Ki's eyes fell on her again, now coming up with how he'll travel with her. He can't teleport her without freezing her, especially now. He'll just have to shift and carry her.

    While he was busy with his plan, from the corner of his eyes, he saw a small pop of color somewhere in the snow. He quickly looked back but saw nothing. 'What was that?' He sent his portal to that area but there was nothing, just snow covered vehicles and ice everywhere.