Chapter 43 - The Suspicion

"So, about (Y/N), you say she's yours-"

"Yes, Yama." Akai replied, annoyed about this conversation happening again.

"But she's being shared between you and the quiet one. How much of her do you own exactly?"

    The two brothers were on a rooftop of a house a couple of houses down from where they left (Y/N) with Ki. Akai and Yama were scouting the area one last time before their long journey to the island. They didn't want a certain demon or any demon getting the jump on them while they're out in the open.

    Akai leaned back on the house and looked at his twin in annoyance. "I own all of her."

    Yama shook his head, he was floating a small rock between his fingers while questioning Akai's words. "I'm sure the quiet one thinks the same way. We did leave the two alone, who knows what he could be pulling."

    Akai clenched his fist and looked away. "Why do you care so much anyway? I thought you would've been long gone by now."

    Usually, the two would stay separated for days or weeks because they can't stand each other at times. Sometimes they would be together without any fights but that's only when the link happened to be at its strongest. No matter how hard they try, they can't leave each other's sight until the link settles down. This rarely happens and Akai was sure it wasn't happening now since Yama was able to leave for entire days before coming back.

"Seems like you're going through all this trouble for a human girl when you couldn't care less about all the other females you dealt with in your life." Yama stood from his sitting position on the roof and turned to face his brother who watched him carefully. "Not only that, but you're competing for this girl as well. To say being underground changed you is an understatement."

"Just get to your point, Yama." Akai growled. He hated how much his twin over analyzes things.

"My point is, I'm not understanding how this girl has such a hold on you when before you wouldn't waste your time on anyone. Nevertheless, sharing with the quiet one." He referred to Ki. "It seems like you both have your own plans for her but your plans don't involve the other. I wouldn't be surprised if we head back and they're both gone. You know as much as I do that you can't put your trust in others in this world."

"You trying to say I can't get her back if that asshole does take her?!"

    The doctor rolled his eyes at his brother. "I'm saying that she's not worth the trouble and you'll only become weak focusing all your time and energy on a human that you'll only outlive. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is an improvement that I'm just not seeing." Yama can see his brother getting gradually irritated by the second. He's only being honest and can see how blindly in love Akai is. "Either way, I see no good outcome with all of this."

    Yama knows that this partnership Akai has with Ki won't last very long. Judging by how Ki barely utters a word, watches over (Y/N) like a hawk, and has this ominous air floating around him, Yama wouldn't be surprised if the quiet demon has already betrayed Akai at this very second. And being this infatuated with a human of all things already has a lot of disadvantages. It's amazing how Akai just isn't seeing this.

"I know we don't have the greatest relationship and you can give two shits about what I'm saying but consider where everything you're doing will lead you in the future. As your only family, I say leave now while you still can."

    Akai glared at his brother and stood up quickly. "You're right, I don't give two flying fucks about what you think and I didn't ask for your fucking opinion!"