Chapter 9 - The Mistrust pt. 2

"They must be drugged out, huh?"

    It's been two hours since Ki and Akai were returned from experimentation and unfortunately, they're still unconscious under the anesthesia. (Y/N) decided it was a good time to check on them while in this state and Angel joined her with his gun in case things went south, observing the demons as well.

"You sure you want to be that close to it?" Nervous, Angel held his gun at the ready as he watched the Keeper tilt the blond demon's head side to side. She gently held Akai's chin in her hand and slowly moved his head around for any injuries. After seeing none, she moved on to his body. "Don't worry. If he moves, I'll back away."

    Angel watched in envy as (Y/N) took her time to move her hand across the demon's chest and upper arms. From his angle, it looked like she was feeling the demon up.

'Who could blame her, the thing is ripped!'

    But really, the Keeper is trying to find any signs of the experiments, completely ignoring Akai's build altogether. She felt something underneath the fabric around where his heart should be and pulled the shirt up, revealing a large white bandage with black blood slowly seeping through.

    Angel's eyes widened at the bandage. "Is that its blood?" He crouched down to get a closer look, never actually seeing demon blood in person before.

    (Y/N) nodded. "Yea. I guess this is where they took blood."

    Angel lifted a finger to touch the bandage, receiving a smack on the hand from (Y/N). "What are you doing?!"

"I-I uh..."

"Demon blood is toxic to humans! In the report, they stated A1's blood can burn through anything."

    Angel quickly drew his hand back, not wanting a hole in his finger. "Oh..."

    (Y/N) let Akai's shirt fall and grabbed the tablet that rested on the floor beside her. "Let's move on to B2."

"MOVE!"

    (Y/N) was suddenly pushed behind the guard and the sound of a gun whizzing to life came after. Davis heard the commotion and came running with his gun too. "What happened?!"

"It woke up!" Angel aimed his gun directly at Akai's head. When (Y/N) moved back around Angel, she made eye contact with Akai's drugged-out red eyes.

    He was indeed awake but could barely move, it felt like his whole body was asleep. His vision and hearing were blurry as he tried to make out the three figures standing in front of him. Two of the figures were dark and shouted back and forth from each other while the third was light and carefully approached him while the other two were distracted. As his hearing got better, but not his vision, he started making out what the two dark figures were saying.

"What are you panicking for?! It's chained up, don't worry."

"Yea but it was that close to slashing (Y/N)'s face up. I mean, look at it!"

'(Y/N)...' Akai's vision finally cleared up and was met with familiar (E/C) eyes staring back at him. "You alright?" His Keeper asked, concerned.

    Davis sighed and went to pull (Y/N) away while the demon still couldn't move. "C'mon. You heard what the Scientists said."

    (Y/N) looked at him then grabbed her tablet to start taking notes. "But he's awake. I should look him over again-"

    More nervous, Angel begged her to back away as he kept his eyes on the demon, seeing how it started to look angered. "Please! You need to-"