Chapter 11 - The Fake

Small gore warning ⚠️
————————————————————

    The time was getting closer for (Y/N) and the two guards to show up.

    It was 8 in the morning, Ki was back in his demonic form sleeping and Akai was wide awake, staring at the door for it to open up and for that woman to step through. Scenarios ran through his head about running out that door when it opened. If the alarms would instantly go off and the guards would pull out their big guns and shoot him down. Or if he takes people hostage and demands to be set free or he'll slaughter anybody in his path. He was up all night thinking about this plan and the more he thought, the more he lost whatever hope or feeling that this plan would work. There were too many flaws.

    How long would it take for (Y/N) to finally trust them?

    Is she just going to open the door for them and they can make a run for it?

    And if so, then where are they running to exactly?

    Will they have to fight an army of armed guards?

    Are they gonna die before seeing the outside world again?

    That last question made Akai stop for a minute. Memories of being above ground plagued his mind and it all made him question if he really did want to return back to the city. Back to nothing but silence all around, competition over the smallest things, the constant feeling of something watching you, having to fight for your life every day. Akai has made more enemies than friends and surely those enemies would be waiting for him to step foot on those concrete streets for the last time. He didn't want to believe it, but either way, escaping this hell hole or not, he was gonna die. No scenario he could possibly think of that guarantees he'll live for long. He was just meant to die by either a bullet or someone's claws.

    In an odd way, he liked this.

    Deep in his chaotic thoughts, Akai smirked as he imagined how crazy his deaths would be. If he's meant to die, he's gonna make sure he goes out with a bang. Maybe shift into the most monstrous form he can muster and paint the walls red with humans or black with his enemies. He smiled with bloodlust in his red eyes, the idea of dying didn't seem too bad now.

    He quickly lost his smile when the lights suddenly cut on, the divider folded back into the wall, and the door he has been staring at for hours finally opened.

    The first people to walk in were those ludicrous guards. Akai eyed the younger one who had a massive blush painted across his cheeks and his brown hair covering his eyes. Killing the Keeper can come after, this 'Angel' was the demon's first target. Simply because Akai found him annoying.

    Angel caught the demon staring at him and quickly tried rubbing his blush away while giving the demon small glares. Akai returned the expression but with his infamous smile that makes people shudder to their cores.

     Then the woman of the day walked in.

    Red eyes shifted over to the Keeper, seeing her facing away from him and at the door. She was talking to that redhead again and Akai started to feel that same feeling the last time he saw that woman. Something just was not right about her...

    Blythe must've said something that made (Y/N) blush. Blythe took a peek at the younger guard than back to (Y/N) and wiggled her eyebrows. (Y/N) quietly gasped and slapped Blythe on the shoulder. Akai could guess what the older lady was referencing, taking a look at the guy himself and narrowing his eyes at him. After the redhead finished chuckling, the two ladies hugged and went off to start their work.