Chapter 10 - The Plan

Ki was losing his patience with Akai. It's like he's trying to get himself killed.

    The quiet demon watched from his side of the cell as Akai constantly threw insults at the guards and tried to coax (Y/N) into coming over to him. Using flirtatious moves and playing the victim card to get what he wants.

    It's been two days since the experiments and Ki never shifted back to his humanoid form. He rather not with the guards around. Akai has been trying to piss off the older guard during these days after seeing that the man gets enraged quickly. He thought it was funny seeing the man get red in fury but Ki found it unnecessary to provoke the guards. Because Ki has been acting passive and not trying to kill the humans like Akai was doing, the older guard decided to release him. Angel was hesitant about taking off the chains but Ki made no move to slash at him when the chain keeping his head down was removed. The quiet demon mostly spent the time laying down and keeping his distance from the humans.

    From across the room, Akai tugged on his restraints then sighed heavily. He hated this. Being chained up to the wall and floor.

    Ki was watching him, seeing how Akai got an idea and turned towards the older guard, who he learned his name was Davis. "Hey."

    Davis side-eyed the demon, he's been on the guard's last nerves for days. "What do you want?" It was clear that he was annoyed judging by his tone.

"What do you want most in life?" Akai sadistically smiled.

"It's none of your concern."

"Tell me."

    (Y/N) was facing away from this conversation but she can tell Davis was irritated. She took a peek at him and saw the massive glare he was sending to Akai. Davis lifted up his gun as a warning. "I can put a round in you instead?"

    The blond demon rolled his eyes, not believing the human would do it. "Yea, sure. I wanna see you do it. Go ahead, right in my head." He smirked when he got a reaction out of Davis. Angel had to convince his partner not to or he'll get a strike for shooting a demon without a good reason. Davis turned to him with an angered look in his eyes. "I just want it to shut up for once!"

"I'll shut up if the lady comes over here." Akai smirked at his Keeper when she took a peek at him. "She's the only one who can make these lips stop talking.~"

    Angel cringed from deep in his core seeing this demon lick his lips at (Y/N). He never thought that he would see a demon flirt with a human and he hopes it would never happen again. (Y/N) glared at the demon with a small blush before quickly turning back to her work at her desk. She didn't think she'll agree, but she also wanted Akai to hush his mouth.

    He grinned with evil intent at his Keeper. He only wanted her to come over to him. He wasn't gonna hurt her THAT bad. "What're you acting shy for? You know I don't bite.~"

    Ki watched how the younger human male got visibly upset by his cellmate. Angel moved to block the demon's view of the Keeper in her seat and showed his gun off as a warning to not try anything. Obviously, Ki nor Akai took this guy seriously. The latter rolling his eyes again to emphasize this. 'Like I would let some scrawny boy take me down. Does he even know how to use that gun?'

    The past three days, Ki noticed how close this Angel guy was trying to get with (Y/N). He would always compliment her every morning, find reasons to talk to her even if they were small, offer to carry her stuff to and from work, and stand awfully close to her like he's doing now. Ki isn't an idiot, he knows that this guard has a fancy towards his Keeper and for some strange reason, it was rubbing him the wrong way. (Y/N) didn't seem to mind these actions but Ki did. Seeing this guy do anything affectionate towards (Y/N) made Ki's blood boil. When he wasn't watching Akai act like a nuisance all the time, he was sending sharp daggers towards the human male, wishing his glare could rip this guy apart.