Chapter 59 - The Past

"You poor girl..." a female voice softly sighed.

    Muffled growls could be heard as a door with chains shook violently. Someone shouted which made other people yell before the female voice sighed again and went towards the commotion.

    (Y/N) slowly opened her eyes and saw a bright light shine down at her. She covered her eyes and squinted at her surroundings. The walls were made of bricks and covered in pipes, there was small equipment on tables that reminded her of a scientist lab and several books stacked in a corner. There was a scent of old water that (Y/N) smelled and the sound of a sink which her hearing had picked up on.

    She felt weak but slightly better than before. The last thing she remembers was I9 entering her locked room, then those memories of that man...

'Who was he?' She thought. But she couldn't help but connect the man to the demon that's set on taking her life.

"Oh thank God you're awake!" The female voice from before sighed in relief.

    When (Y/N) saw a figure approach, she shot up from the table she was laying on and backpedaled onto a chair that was luckily nearby. (Y/N) frantically felt her sides for her knife but realized that she didn't have it. But when she pressed into the chair with her backpack on her back, she felt the outline of the grenade inside.

"Don't be scared! You're safe in this room... He can't get in here."

    (Y/N) finally looked up at the voice and it was not what she expected.

    The owner of the voice looked like Ki. So much so that (Y/N) almost mistaken her for the demon. The woman had Ki's black horns, his charcoal skin, white eyes, and white hair. Her body was skinny but her legs were the same as Ki's in his demon form and her hands were long and sharp like each finger was a knife. The demon wore a faded grey long sleeve dress with a white lab coat over it and a pair of glasses hung around her neck. Despite her appearance, (Y/N) didn't feel any malice coming from the demon. She felt a sort of safe energy that made her relax. But why was she feeling anything coming from the demon?

"I knew he would go and do something but not this..." the demon muttered as she approached (Y/N). Ki explained his relationship with the girl in an alarming way, almost like he was talking of an object than a person. By how scared the girl was, this told the demon that their love was more one sided.

    The girl didn't make a move to run because she felt safe but still unease. She watched as the demon gently lifted up her arm and examined it which made (Y/N) realize that her hand was slightly darker than usual. Her other hand was the same but more darker. Her fingers felt cold and shaky and the demon took notice of this with a sad look. "Oh dear..."

    She looked up at the scared girl, pity showed through her eyes and it reminded (Y/N) of a sad mother.

"There's not much I can do. Unless..."

"Who are you?" (Y/N) asked, her voice raspy and quiet but enough for the demon to understand.

"My name is Edith. What's yours?"

    The demon laid the girl's arm back down and stood back up to her full 6'0 height. (Y/N) shrunk back at this but still didn't feel any bad energy coming from her. "(Y/N)."

    Edith smiled gently, her fangs showing from her lips. "(Y/N), I promise you'll be safe from him. But how did you come to meet him? You don't look like a Capturer."

    Him? Did she mean Ki? She looked just like him. "Is Ki... here?"

    Just as she asked that some commotion could be heard in the room ahead of them but Edith didn't bother to look. "Yes. Just like how he left us."