Chapter 61 - The Disowned

Art by Matt Litten on VGBlogger
————————————————————

    She was in there. He could sense her in there... but now he couldn't.

    Ki stared at the door keeping him from his love with dark eyes. He knew coming here was a mistake but his mother is skilled in medicine and (Y/N) looked hurt. And with I9 and Akai still around, he didn't have time to think.

    I9 retreated soon after both Ki and Akai reached the room. It didn't even put up a fight this time, just dropped (Y/N) on the ground and carried itself up to the ceiling, disappearing into the snowy air. It released Yama from the wall before it did and Ki wasn't so pleased to see him.

    The two got into a heated argument while Akai followed the way I9 went before returning to Ki preparing to swing his tail at his brother. Of course, Akai stopped him which led to the two getting into a heated argument.

    Words were exchanged, none of them pleasant.

    Ki doesn't remember much after that. After Akai attacked him with "She doesn't love you! She thinks you're a monster!", Ki only saw red.

    During his feral rage, he must've chosen to scoop up his love and flee because Ki now has several 3rd degree burns and deep slashes on his body from fighting Akai and Yama too, the other blond soon joined to defend his brother from Ki. It was a two against one and Ki wasn't going to let them take (Y/N) so he grabbed her and teleported out of there. A good distance away from the unfinished building they were previously in.

    He's not sure where the twins are, nor does he care. All he's concerned about is getting his love back from his mother, who keeps denying him entrance into the room.

    He growled as he could only sense his mother in there. She did something. He knows it.

    Ki rose up from a crate he was sitting on and began stomping over to the room for the 7th time. And yet again, Salem and Memphis, his mother's guards/close friends stopped him before he could even touch the door.

    Salem was short and curvy with red skin, deep black hair that messily fell to her waist, and bright yellow eyes that can burn a hole through you. She's bossy, stuck up, and well respected in their little group because she was around since the start along with her brother Memphis. Salem was a bitch to Ki, the two never got along but she's considered Ki's aunt in a way by his mother. Memphis on the other hand was similar to his sister except he was taller, buffer, and couldn't speak. He doesn't show emotion but follows Ki's mother like a soldier or as Ki puts it, a weakling. Memphis had red skin like Salem and black hair too but his was more like spiky fur on top of his featureless face. He had no eyes so he relied on every other sense to survive. He was Ki's uncle but like his aunt, he hated him all the same.

    Salem lifted up her hand and Ki could feel his body stop in his tracks. The woman was like Yama, able to manipulate anything and everything. It honestly got on his nerves. "Kaiden this is the last time I'm gonna tell you this. The girl is fine, Edith is good at what she does!"

"Let me through, Salem..." he growled.

    He could see Memphis turn his bulky head towards him. Salem rolled her eyes and pushed Ki back onto the crate with her ability. "You don't want your mother accidentally hurting her because you're too impatient, do you?"

    It's been almost 3 hours since he came here and Edith was taking way too long! Ki stood up again and smashed the crate with his tail with all his might, sending wood and metal flying everywhere. "Tell her to come out here right now! I'm sick of the waiting!"