Chapter 63 - The Final Moment

Art by Alexandra Zhukova on Artstation
————————————————————

"You killed him...?"

    (Y/N) could feel her heart beating wildly in her chest. She ignored the shocked stares both demons were giving her and stumbled back against a seat.

    They killed her friend... This whole time they kept it from her. This whole time she had believed that Angel was alright, he was trained to fight demons after all. Her eyes, now a yellowish (e/c) that shined in the dark, slowly moved back to the murderers in front of her.

"Don't trust them after what they did to your friend."

    Tuca warned her. He must've witnessed what they did. He didn't know Angel that well but he must've assumed they were friends. The fact that Ki and Akai kept this from her...

    Something in her wanted to hurt them...

"What the fuck happen to you?!"

    Akai's voice snapped her out of that dark mindset. He started marching over to her, pushing through the seats. She didn't look like this the last time he saw her! Her arms are dark and her eyes are glowing!

    (Y/N) couldn't hold her emotions as more tears fell down her face. She wasn't even crying, they just freely fell on their own. She took steps back as Akai advanced on her.

"Back up..." she mumbled as her voice cracked.

"Did he do this?!" Akai yelled as he pointed at Ki who looked offended. "Or was it that bitch who did?!"

    He wouldn't stop coming towards her.

    (Y/N) began hearing whispers in her head, small faint whispers she couldn't understand but they sounded childlike. Her eyes focused on Akai's and suddenly it was like time slowed down.

    She wasn't in the theatre anymore, rather a cemetery. The scenery of the eery place was very well maintained, it didn't look like the effects of the apocalypse got to it. Was this before? (Y/N) couldn't move her body but her eyes were free to look everywhere.

'Where am I?! What happened to the theatre?!'

"Gabriel!"

    (Y/N) whipped around to the voice that sounded like a little boy. She didn't question her ability to move her body now. Her eyes settled on a boy, about 9 or 10, with blond hair and blue eyes. He seemed nervous and obviously wasn't looking at her when he ran straight towards her.

"What, Christian?" Another boyish voice spoke, making (Y/N) turn back around towards a tree with a similar blond boy with glasses sitting against it with a tablet in his hands. He looked annoyed.

The first boy ran through (Y/N) and straight to him. They seemed familiar...

"Momma is looking for you! You haven't come home after school!" Christian, the first boy, yelled in a panic. "She'll be mad if you don't come home now!"

    Gabriel shrugged him off and went back to the tablet. "Tell her I'm at the cemetery."

"That's the thing, we shouldn't even be here!" Christian grabbed Gabriel and pulled him off the ground in a rush. The annoyed boy sighed and allowed the other to take him back home. There goes his peace and quiet.

    Both boys walked past (Y/N) as she watched them go but suddenly they disappeared in a cloud of white smoke.

"Jeez..." A rugged man's voice scared her as she turned to her left.