Chapter 28 - The Evil

"Where is it...?" Muttered (Y/N) as her eyes scanned around the ceiling for a certain aisle.

    She looked over and saw a worker stocking shelves and decided to ask him for help. "Excuse me?"

    The man placed a box filled with video games down and looked to the woman. "Can I help you?"

"Where is the aisle with the headphones?"

    He got up and pointed in a direction. "Five aisles down, you should see the TVs. They're in a display case next to them."

    (Y/N) smiled and thanked the man before heading that way. Since it was the weekend, (Y/N) was shopping for a new pair of headphones after she discovered that her original pair had broke. The sound was only coming from one ear while the other was muffled. She was upset about it since they were her favorite pair but she needed something new, it was about time she tossed out her five year old headphones.

    She planned to do some additional shopping afterward for stuff she needed for her desk in her room. Like a new notebook, some batteries, and other stuff, so she brought her backpack just in case she has more bags that she can't carry.

'Hopefully, they have the same model and color.' She thought as she reached the aisle with TVs. Her eyes glanced over each one and how amazing it would be to have a smart hologram TV with built-in surround sound and 3D effects. She would waste an entire week just binge watching her favorite shows and movies but it would be worth it.

    If only she wasn't broke.

    Approaching the headphones, she started her search for a replacement pair. Not too big, not too tacky, and not too expensive. Preferably just like her old ones but none of them seem to match, not even the same brand was here. "Really...."

    When she went to examine a pair, the sound of her ringtone went off inside her backpack. Taking it off and unzipping it, she pulled out her phone and her eyes widened at the caller. Why was her job calling her?

"Hello?"

"Is this Ms. (L/N)?"

"Yes...?" Her job never calls her on her personal phone but she was told to save their number in case they do. This must be important, especially on a Saturday.

"Sorry for the inconvenience but we need you to come into work. One of our Scientists will explain further once you get here. Understood?"

    Her nerves shot up again. She hated the feeling of being nervous about her job now after everything she's learned. But it's not like she can let anyone know she's suspicious. Especially after what Axel told her... But what was going on that they needed her to come in? "Uh yea. I'm on my way there."

    They hanged up soon after, leaving the Keeper in confusion but also disappointment. There goes her weekend and new headphones. She'll have to come back tomorrow.

    Leaving the store, she called for a cab and began heading over to Castor Labs.

Meanwhile, inside the cell of I9...

    The cell door opened up, bringing in light into the rather dark room filled with computers, machines, and Scientists.

     The Head Keeper, Brenda entered, followed by two guards, and made her way over to the Head Nurse who was at a small station next to a large curtain. Her eyes slowly adjusted to the dim lights after the door closed and they scanned the cell and at all the out of place equipment. "Nuru, I came for an update. Mr. Fidero is getting impatient and he wants results." Demanded Brenda.

    The nurse rolled her eyes and turned around to fake smile at her guest. "It's good to see you too, Brenda. Unfortunately, Mr. Fidero will have to wait a little longer. We're still running the samples and monitoring the brain activity which won't be done for another week. Anything else you needed or can I go back to my work?" She sarcastically asked while turning back to the computer she was typing on. "And I would prefer if you didn't call me by my first name."