Chapter 60 - The Past pt. 2

It's been an hour since Edith left. (Y/N) couldn't say that she didn't miss her.

    Her arms kept getting colder and colder until her fingertips were completely black. She now had a minor headache that she wanted to go away but it spiked every so often that it brought tears to her eyes.

'What am I supposed to do?' She thought. There's not much research on possession in the Zones, especially how to get out of one safely. It's usually just 'once you're possessed, there's not much you can do about it.' There has to be some way. Even if it's a tough way to save herself.

    (Y/N), after wiping her tears, looked around the room she was in. Edith seemed like a scientist type which was strange for a demon. She wrote down all the information about Ki's behavior that (Y/N) told her so what if she studies her own kind?

    Seeing the stack of books that looked like journals, (Y/N) pulled herself out of the chair and made her way to the stack.

    If Edith studied demons, maybe she has something on possession. Hopefully, a way to get out of one.

    The stack of books were indeed old worn down journals and books from a century ago that were in ok condition. Each journal had numbers labeling it next to handmade titles "Effects on Body" to "Effects on Mind". But nothing about who was being affected. (Y/N) quickly went over every title of the journals and got surprised by the second. The newer looking ones didn't have dates on them but the very old ones did. From 50 years ago to almost 300.

    Even one dating from before...

    The very oldest journal with the date "December 20, 2133" took the girl most by surprise. How could a demon have a journal from before the apocalypse?! Edith must've found it somewhere. 

    But the journal had her name written on it...

"Curiosity killed the cat, you know."

    (Y/N) jumped and dropped the journal from fright. She whipped around and met the eyes of an amused Edith.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-"

    Edith waved a hand at the frantic girl. "No need to apologize. You can look through them if you like. I already have them all memorized." She tapped her head to emphasize her point.

    (Y/N) visibly relaxed and watched the demon tiredly sit down in a chair by a desk. Her white hair looked messier than the last time she was here and there was now a dark cloth that was tied around her upper arm. Edith must've noticed the girl's observing and sighed.

"He wants to see you. But I'm not letting him till he calms down."

"Ki?" (Y/N) grew nervous just from hearing his name. She looked at the door warily, thinking that the feral demon will open it at any second. "Wh-Where is he?"

"He can't get in here if that's what you're worried about. I never allowed Kaiden to enter so he doesn't know what the room looks like. It'll be impossible for him to teleport." She sighed. "But that doesn't mean he won't try."

     (Y/N) hasn't heard any commotion outside since Edith left. She must have dealt with Ki during her time away. That might be why she looks rougher than before and that cloth around her arm could be a cut she received from him. If Ki could hurt his mom and kill his father, who knows what he could do to her! Someone he claims to love. She doesn't know if Ki loves his parents or not but she didn't want to stick around and see if he was willing to harm her like his parents despite his feelings towards her.

     (Y/N) looked back down at the books behind her. They really interested her, especially the oldest one. A journal from before the apocalypse with a demon's name on it was so unusual and (Y/N) wanted to know the explanation behind this. It could be valuable research for the Zones. She picked up the older ones and held them up in front of her carefully. "These journals, they date almost 300 years ago and even longer! How did you get these? And why is your name on them?"