Chapter 13 - The 'Date'

Art by Mike McCain

Warning: Mentions of brutal imagery.
———————————————————

(Y/N)'s eyes darted over to every person that passed as she stuck very close to Blythe like a lifeline.

Each individual looked like they've been through a rough life and back. But not only were the people shady looking, the buildings around them were cluttered together with posters and signs on every wall, loose wires swinging from building to building, (Y/N) could've sworn she saw a small shop tilting to its side, and the smell of drugs wafted into the musty air from apartments above.

A week had passed and the day is currently Saturday. As a break from their hectics jobs, both ladies decided to go out and find something fun to do. When Blythe suggested that they should go to a show, (Y/N) didn't expect the show to be in the most lowly area of Zone 12. She's never been so on guard in her life.

Despite the younger Keeper's distress, Blythe walked the streets like she was at work and had no care in the world. Whenever a funny looking guy gave his attention to them, Blythe would shove her hand in his face and push him away. She almost punched a pervert for wolf whistling at them and made (Y/N) flip a woman off for yelling slurs at them.

This was a setting that the younger Keeper was definitely not used to.

The two arrived at a small building with a rusted metal door and aged flyers taped on. The flyers advertised things like scammy ads, services of all kinds, and events that happened years ago. (Y/N) looked worriedly at Blythe, the older woman checking her phone for the address then placed it back into her pocket. "We're here."

"Where is here!?"

Blythe snorted at (Y/N)'s scared tone. "Stop being afraid. This is where Axel and his friend told us to meet."

(Y/N) stared at the door unsurely. "They told us to meet them in an abandoned building?"

"It's not abandoned." Blythe knocked on the door in a strange pattern that (Y/N) memorized. The door creaked open and a large man with tattoos covering his whole body stepped back for them to enter. Blythe moved and (Y/N) held onto her arm as they entered a dark room with illuminated stairs being the only thing seen. They walked down the steps and were met with a rough and patchy curtain and the sounds of people on the other side could be heard.

The Keeper hoped she wasn't gonna regret this night.

Passing the curtain, she was shocked to find a small normal lobby with a bouncer and a worker behind a desk. The room was a little worn down but she was glad it wasn't anything dangerous. Blythe started heading over to a sitting area and (Y/N) noticed Axel waving at them with a big grin. Next to him was...

"Angel?!"

Said man looked up from his phone and had an equally shocked look as the Keeper. "(Y/N)?! What are you doing here?" Seeing her in something else other than her uniform was strangely strange. He thought she looked really cute in more casual wear, a light rosy flush appearing on his cheeks.

"I-" She quickly turned to Blythe then Axel and saw the man smiling like an evil kid. He's up to something...

Axel swung an arm around Angel as he smiled at his female friends. "Greetings ladies! You gals don't mind my friend tagging along do you?"

Blythe shrugged but she knew the man's true plan and shook her head disappointedly. "The more the merrier. Did you get the tickets for tonight?"

"Yep!" He pulled out four green tickets from his pocket and then waved in the air excitedly. "Y'all ready for the night of your lives?!"

"I'm concerned..." (Y/N) spoke up in a small voice.