Chapter 54 - The Snow

Seeing her breath in the cold dry air was pretty interesting to the Keeper.

    She leaned against a metal door and held her gloved hands close to her mouth and exhaled a large breath. Unfortunately, the wind blew away the small cloud of air before (Y/N) could have a look. She pulled her demon mask down for warmth and turned her sights to the two demons on the street while hugging her body.

    It was decided that walking in the weather would be a bad idea for (Y/N). Ki isn't bothered by the cold, Akai can counteract it, but the girl couldn't do either. So instead of walking, they'll need to find a working vehicle. Something that can drive through the snow without trouble too.

    Akai kicked a vehicle that looked promising but the engine was entirely missing. It seemed like vehicles in this area were scavenged and he had a good guess of who the culprits may be. "Fucking hate humans." He grumbled to himself, heating up his leathery wings and wrapping them around his body like a blanket.

    His girl was an exception though. Humans don't deserve her.

    The blond turned towards Ki, who still looked shaken up from whatever he saw or heard earlier. "None of this shit works! We'll have to walk anyways."

    Hearing this, (Y/N) looked out to the farthest point of the road she can see. She learned about the snow in elementary school and saw it in movies but she never thought it would be this bad. It seemed so easy to manage from the sources she saw. She sighed and turned her sight ahead of her to face Ki. When her eyes met his figure, she widened them and quickly diverted her gaze. "Uhhhhh Ki?!"

"Hm?" The silent demon looked at her questionably while removing his coat and shirt. He started walking towards her which made her even more nervous.

"Why are you removing your clothes?!" (Y/N) used her hand to block her sight of the demon and looked to her right where the other one stood. Akai rolled his red eyes.

    Ki didn't understand why she was getting so nervous but continued to remove his clothes. "I'm going to shift and carry you on my back. I don't want you walking in the snow."

'A warning next time?!' She thought. She hated how these two were comfortable enough to be nude around her.

    To keep herself distracted from the sounds of Ki's bones shifting and skin stretching, her (e/c) eyes met Akai's red ones. "How far is the countryside?"

"Ehhh..." Akai thought to himself. "Forty two miles? Maybe more."

"Forty two?!" If they couldn't find a vehicle, they'll have to traverse forty two miles on foot through a blizzard. Taking her further away from her home. "And you're set on traveling that far?"

    Akai crossed his arms and looked at her surely. "I'm getting the fuck out of this city. Had to deal with fucking humans and fucking demons and my fucking brother..." he growled the last part to himself, obviously, he's not too fond of the city. "If I have to deal with anything else in this hell hole, I'm gonna kill something..." He looked over to a certain demon afterward.

    Ki's blank white eyes instinctively peered towards the blond when he said that. 'I'll be the one killing something if you touch me.'

    (Y/N) felt a nudge on her hand and she moved her fingers to look at a fully shifted Ki. He lifted up his coat with his tail and grabbed it with his clawed hands before wrapping it around (Y/N). She let him button up the coat for her despite his long claws and she can tell that Akai was watching the two closely.

"She can do it herself, you know." Akai spoke, walking over to them with a glare on the silent demon. Ki didn't look at him but growled in response. The deep growl made the girl jump a bit since his head was so close to hers. When he was done, he turned around and crouched down to allow her to climb on his back.