Chapter 8 - The Mistrust

Filled with anxiety, (Y/N) made her way to the lab, uncertain about how her day will go.

    Wednesday came pretty fast. Yesterday, (Y/N) finished her time helping out Mr. Khan. The two Keepers finished the rest of the inspections and she had some time to bond with C5 while Mr. Khan sent in the reports of the inspections to the Scientists. When she first came in, C5 had given her a drawing he made of her, Mr. Khan, and him together holding hands under a rainbow with snakes, flowers, and other cute stuff that melted (Y/N)'s heart. She felt bad when it was her time to leave, C5 begged her to stay and play some more and each time (Y/N) refused, she felt like the cruelest person ever. The little demon eventually gave up and hugged the lady's legs tight, but he did ask if she can come back and play whenever she can, to which she agreed to.

    It's hard saying no to the small child.

    Before she left, Mr. Khan did repeat what he said the day before. About her demons potentially losing trust in her and how she should keep her distance for some time. She's been thinking about it all night and the more the clock ticked, the more her nerves fired up. As she walked the long halls, passing by various people, she pulled and tugged at the edges of her lab coat to ease her growing nerves.

    Stepping into the line of Keepers ready to enter, a buzz sounded from her bag, grabbing her attention.

    She unzipped her bag and pulled out her tablet. A message was sent regarding the results of Ki and Akai's experimentation, judging from the first words 'Complications involved' it didn't go too well.

    (E/C) eyes skimmed through the message to get to the point, but she would often see her demon's scientific names and 'uncooperative' together. She reached the bottom where the final results were and none of them were pleasing.

"The first official experimentation of subjects: A1 and B2 have proven difficult due to A1's issues with rage and B2's feral nature. While this isn't unusual, a few of our staff were injured in the process so repercussions were issued.

'Test results for B2:
Age: unknown
Blood: Non-toxic. Freezes to a solid. (Further samples have been taken)
Abilities: Can teleport long distances. Freezes objects other than it inside the portals. Has two forms, its true form, and a more human-looking form.
Personality: Feral
Cooperation: Low
Etc Etc...

Test results for A1:
Age: Estimated around 310-303 years.
Blood: Highly lethal due to demon type. Fizzes through any material. (Further samples have been taken)
Abilities: Can change its body to whatever it pleases. Has the ability to change its chemical makeup to produce fire from its lungs. (May dissect in future experiments)
Personality: Malevolent
Cooperation: Low
Etc Etc...

    Due to the hardships the Scientists have faced with subject: A1 and subject: B2, both are scheduled to come in again October 18, 2437 for further analysis. Some changes (including the date) may occur."

    (Y/N) looked at a large clock on a nearby wall that displayed the date and time. 8:47 AM September 22, 2437. "Huh..." (Y/N) muttered as she read the results. Some of these she already knew while others were completely new. When she read about a possible dissecting of Akai, she cringed. It's understandable for them to want to learn more about his body, but why dissection? They should have technology capable of looking into him without cutting him open, maybe that's what they mean? But also Akai's age made her taken back. He could've been born around the time the apocalypse started, she wondered how old Ki was since the Scientists couldn't even determine it themselves.

"Hey!"

    (Y/N) jumped in fright as a hand was placed on her shoulder, almost dropping her tablet. When she turned around, Blythe was there snickering to herself. "Are you always this jumpy?"