Chapter 14 - The Friend

After a night of watching two full grown men beat each other to a pulp and scolding but also congratulating Axel on his successful bet, the group of four arrived back home at the labs.

    The boys decided to head back into the city to hang out more while the girls wanted a more chill night and went on inside.

    The sight of the lab at night was very different compared to the daytime. Only a few people walked along to carry out tasks while others were on their way back to their quarters. (Y/N) always liked seeing Castor Labs so quiet and peaceful, it's refreshing after a very busy day of working here.

    Blythe stretched her tired arms out and pulled a pin from her hair that held it in a top bun, letting her red hair fall and stop below her shoulders. She turned to her female companion who was also pretty tired. "You wanna grab a bite to eat? I'm sure the cafeteria is still open."

    (Y/N) raised her eyebrow. "But didn't you eat nachos?"

"That nasty cheese drizzled on tortilla chips they called nachos? I let Axel have them and decided I'll just get something later." (Y/N) nodded and followed Blythe to the cafeteria. She thought the nachos were... alright. They weren't the best but they weren't disgusting either.

     Entering the cafeteria, Blythe went off to get food and (Y/N) picked a table for them and sat down. She looked around at the almost empty room, seeing two guards eating dinner, an older man video calling an older woman, and a lady reading a book while munching on a salad. Blythe was chatting with the cook as she loaded her tray with food and two cupcakes, making (Y/N) question if she was starving this whole time.

    Suddenly, she heard a buzz coming from her pocket that caught her attention. She dug around until she pulled out her phone and saw a text message from Nora. Her eyes widened and she immediately opened it.

Sis💫: "Hey, sorry for the late reply. My patient has been really needy lately but I've finally gotten her to bed. I could use a good long nap right about now. 😩"

    (Y/N) smiled softly and texted back a reply.

Me: "No worries! I'm pretty tired too after the night I had with some friends. Probably the most eventful night I've had."

Sis💫: "What did you do?"

    Should she tell Nora that she went to an illegal ring fight and risk getting a huge lecture? Nope!

Me: "I went to an arcade with three friends and won one of those huge talking teddy bears!"

    It wasn't believable considering those bears cost a ridiculous amount of tickets, but it's better than what actually went down.

Sis💫: Sure, that's believable🙄. So how's being a cook treating ya?"

"A cook? That's what you told her?" (Y/N) looked up and her eyes widened at Blythe's ginormous plate. She probably took one of everything at the counter and then some. "You're seriously gonna eat all that?!"

    Blythe shrugged and placed the tray down, taking the seat opposite of (Y/N). "I won't but I'll try. But back to being a cook."

    (Y/N) smiled sheepishly. "I had to tell her something and the first thing that popped up was being a chef."

"And she believed that?"

"I cooked a lot for us when I was younger."

Me: "Busy... I haven't had time to take a break until the weekend. What about you?"

Sis💫: Well my supervisor had told me that they're finally releasing doctors, including me. I'll finally be able to come back home in December for good!!!"