Chapter 3 - The Call

The idea of demons escaping Castor labs clouded (Y/N)'s mind all night.

    She firmly believed that it was impossible, with all the security, Capturers, and the building itself holding them back, it would be a miracle but also a curse if at least one got out. She did worry if Ki would attempt it, but by the way he said, 'It just takes one of us to set off a storm' maybe he's waiting until someone else tries it.

    Either way, she didn't want to lose the demons she started out with. 

    (Y/N) woke up early again, but now that she knows her limits as a Keeper, she decided to stay in her room until her shift started. She didn't want to run into those guards again, especially Katherine.

    Going over to a computer in her room, she saw an email from her sister, Nora that arrived a few hours ago. It's been a while since the two have talked, Nora went off to Zone 5 where more doctors were needed. Zone 5 had a recent demon attack four years and many medical professionals, including her sister, were called to help. Nora left around the time (Y/N) began college, so it's been years since she has seen or talked to her.

    Looking at the email, (Y/N) was nervous to open it. What will her sister say? Nora was firmly against (Y/N) striding for any demon-related field due to how dangerous it is, so what if she asked about her job? Or maybe she wants to come visit her and is asking where she lives now? So many possible questions flooded (Y/N)'s mind.

    She hesitantly sat in her chair and hovered her finger over the email, she tapped it and a short message popped up.

"Hey, it's Nora. I finally got a break from work so I decided to check up on you. Sorry, I couldn't make it to your graduation but I do plan to visit when I have some more time off. How have you been?"

    (Y/N) pulled up her keyboard and began typing her reply.

"Hey, I'm doing good. Don't worry about missing my graduation, I knew you were still busy with work and all. I got a job too so don't worry about sending me money. I hope to hear from you soon!"

    (Y/N) sent it and prayed that Nora didn't question her job, even though she knew she will. She'll have to start thinking of a backup job. A sudden knock on her door startled the lady, she rotated her seat around to face the door. "Who is it?"

"It's Blythe. Can I come in?" (Y/N) looked at her appearance, she wasn't in her uniform. She had an oversized t-shirt on and some pajama bottoms with random designs. She also just got out of bed so her (h/c) hair was a mess and her eyes had bags from staying up late last night. A quick look in the mirror told the lady that she looked like a zombie.

    The door opened and Blythe entered, already dressed professionally in her uniform and her red hair up in a bun. She looked around and didn't see (Y/N). Her computer was on and the chair was facing the bathroom door to the left. Blythe walked over and knocked on the bathroom door, hearing some fumbling on the other side. "(Y/N)?"

"I'm getting dressed! I'll be out in a sec!" Called the lady. A thumping noise was heard then a small 'ow' came after.

"You alright?" Blythe asked concerned, she set her bag and lab coat on (Y/N)'s desk and plopped down on the bed.

"Yes." A small reply that made Blythe chuckle.

    After a few more moments, (Y/N) came out dressed in her uniform, a white dress shirt, and a dark grey pencil skirt. When Blythe saw her tousled hair and eye bags, she laughed. (Y/N) glared at the woman and started fixing her hair in her full body mirror.

"What happened to you? You look like you had a long night." Chuckled Blythe.

"I did. I had a lot on my mind."