Chapter 56 - The Other

It didn't take the small group long to find a place to rest for a bit. Or in (Y/N)'s case, a place to keep her locked up.

    She didn't get to see what kind of building the two demons decided to stay in. She was immediately pulled from the truck, tossed over Akai's shoulders, and pushed into a storage room of some sort with a fire going and locked inside. That was over an hour ago.

    They put her in there so that she won't try to "leave them" again. She believes that they don't trust her being able to free roam after her last stunt, so they found a secluded room with no windows and no other doors to keep her in until they leave the next morning. Even though the room was tall, dark, and creepy looking, at least she gets to be by herself for a bit. She even pulled out some meat from her backpack and cooked it over the small bonfire Akai had made her.

     Her back was still sore and her face still stung from their actions so she decided to lay down on some boxes she had pushed near the fire. She hated this. She hated them. So much.

    As she lay there, she looked up at the ceiling above. The tarps that were used to act as a ceiling were ripped and exposed the dark grey sky. Some snowflakes trickled down through the tears but not as much as earlier. Maybe the blizzard was calming down? (Y/N) sighed before sitting up and grabbing her backpack that lay on the floor. This bag has taken a lot of beatings since she came above ground and she silently thanked it for holding out this long. Who knows what she'll do if it broke or was misplaced.

    Looking inside, (Y/N) moved the container of food aside and saw the piece of paper Fate had given her. She hasn't looked at it yet and wondered what it was. She pulled it out and unfolded it, seeing that it was a map. The Outsiders island was a small dot directly in the middle and the area around it must've been for miles. There were small scribbles of buildings so that represented the city, a long red line that represented the highways, blue for any body of water, and dark green for dome like shapes that were stretched out from each other. Looking closer, (Y/N) learned that these domes were the Zones. She gasped and immediately tried to find all of them but only found three. Zone 10, 11, and 12.

    Zone 10 was far out into the countryside near a small town called 'Pickers'. Zone 11 was closer to the city but situated somewhere near a bunch of large buildings. She guessed those were factories. And lastly, Zone 12 was on the far outskirts of the city near what the map describes as a train yard. (Y/N) didn't know how far into the city she was but judging by how massive it is, it would take her some time to make her way back to Zone 12.

    Considering the obstacles too, demons, the terrain, her food supply, Ki, Akai, and I9, it'll take her weeks, maybe even months. And the further she is taken towards the countryside, the more of a distance is created. It'll be a challenge but she would rather be on her own than with any more demons like the three she's familiar with.

"If I were to leave now..." she whispered.

"You'll go where?"

    Her eyes widened.

    Meanwhile with the demons, after Ki and Akai locked (Y/N) up, the two didn't bother staying near each other. They both went off to different parts of the building that was near to (Y/N)'s room. Far away from each other but close enough to grab her in case anything happens.

    They were in some sort of small mall with only two floors and a few stores. It must've been a work in progress when demons first arrived since there were still building equipment, unfinished stores, and crates everywhere.

    Akai was situated on the second floor balcony laying flat on his back with a leg hanging over the edge. He was directly above the door leading to (Y/N) and could easily hop down at a moment's notice. He's not sure where Ki went but right now, he wasn't focused on that.