Chapter 6 - The Zone

The three days before Ki and Akai's experimentation went by rather quickly but also slowly.

    (Y/N) hadn't informed the two demons about the upcoming days as directed by the Scientists. They didn't need the demons to be in stressed or tense states before the experimenting because it may affect results. Although a small part of her felt wrong for not telling them, even a little info, she just can't go against her superiors. She didn't want to risk getting fired and ending up homeless, there's no going back to Zone 3 after she already moved out of her apartment.

    When Friday finally came, it was unnerving to see a team of Scientists covered head to toe in white suits and a group of guards behind them come into the cell from the back wall. It was difficult trying to get the two to comply, both Ki and Akai attempted to fight back. Akai managed to leave a gash across one of the guard's chest and Ki teleported two out of the cell and into the hall where (Y/N) stood watching. The Keeper was nervous if they were able to take them all out but being in a cell designed to hinder them made the demons weaker against the guards and they both eventually succumbed to unconsciousness after being injected with high doses of anesthesia.

    This all left the Keeper feeling guilty despite not having much power over the situation.

    After the whole ordeal, the Keeper was told that she'll have her demons returned to her next Wednesday. She'll have a break on the weekend of course but Monday and Tuesday, she'll be assisting another Keeper until then.

     She just couldn't have those days off, unfortunately.

    At least her weekend will be enjoyable because Blythe promised to show (Y/N) around Zone 12 and the many sights, people, and places it has to offer. Then on Sunday, Axel has also promised to show her the hangers if he can convince his Chief to allow a Keeper near the equipment.

    (Y/N) was currently in her room getting dressed for her outing with Blythe. She dressed in a more casual outfit and grabbed a (f/c) jacket from her coat rack. She looked in the mirror and smiled to herself, it felt good to wear anything else besides her stiff uniform.

    A knock on the door drew her attention away from the mirror, she went over and pressed a button next to the door and watched it slide open. Blythe was standing there, staring at her phone in clear annoyance. The sound of a message popping up made the woman even more irritated as she read it. She had her red hair up in its usual messy bun but this time she tied it back with a black scarf. She wore a thick long-sleeved black sweater, flowy dark grey pants with thin white stripes, and black ankle boots with small silver chains dangling on the sides. To finish off her fashionable outfit, she had a pair of dark-tinted glasses that sat on the bridge of her nose.

    Without looking at (Y/N), she tilted her head towards her, "You ready to go?"

    (Y/N) was excited to explore Zone 12, so she passed off the woman's irritated looks at her phone. "Yea! Lets go!" She exited her room and locked the door with her card.

"Axel will be joining us... unfortunately..."

    (Y/N) stopped and turned to the redhead who was putting away her phone. "Really? Why?"

    Blythe rolled her eyes and sighed. "He somehow found out about our plans and decided to join us. I said no but it's Axel, he doesn't take no for an answer."

    (Y/N) didn't mind Axel joining the two. But it would be interesting to see how the two adults acted around each other since it seemed like Blythe despised the man.

     The two ladies headed out of the living quarters and stopped at the entrance to the building where they'll be meeting up with Axel. While they waited, (Y/N) grew curious about the two's relationship with each other, Axel and Blythe. It didn't seem great since Blythe isn't too ecstatic about the man joining them for their outing.