3. Surprises and pranks

The sounds of swords clashing echo through the room as the two royal siblings practice their swordsmanship against each other, both giving their all as sweat dribbled down their foreheads and necks. The spirit guardians were having a duel of their own as they chased each other in their spirit forms to not bump into anything.

 Aurora relentlessly attacks Jimin effortlessly, skillfully twisting and turning her sword trying to disarm the equally capable elf who was determined to disarm his elder sister. 'CLANG!' went the sword as Aurora finally was able to knock down Jimin's sword from his hand and held the tip of her sword to his neck as he threw his hands above his head signaling the end of the round.

 Aurora sheathed her sword back into her belt as she helped Jimin up by lending a hand, "Good job little brother, better than last time. Your grip has improved and you lasted way longer than the last time." "Thanks Noona. Can we take a break? I'm tired." he says dropping to the floor again supporting himself with his hands but eventually lying back down. The stallion and the lynx joined the siblings in their rest as Lightning nudged Aurora to her bag of apples and Leo rolled on his back, tummy facing up asking Jimin for a scratch.

"Drink up boy," she says passing Jimin some water from an earthen flask which he gratefully takes and gulps almost every drop and throws the rest on his head to which Aurora scrunches her nose in disgust. "Why do boys like to do that?" she asks disgust still present as she feeds Lightning an apple. "Cause it feels good." he mutters through labored breaths to which Aurora could just give a scoff and drink some water wiping off her sweat with a towel. 

Looking into the distance Aurora remains quiet for a while as Jimin tries to calm his adrenaline after the intense practice as Leo purred beside him, "Jimin..." she starts, "Hmmm..." he hums lazily not paying attention, "What if I change my victim?" "Victim?" Jimin asks now interested opening his eyes and looking at his sister for the strange question that she had uttered. "You know... you are usually the victim of my pranks, I was thinking what if uncle was the victim this time?" she asks mostly to herself, Jimin sits up with a frown on his face "Do you really want to? I mean are you sure of this? Won't he know it's you?" Jimin asks not wanting to face the repercussions.

 "Just say if you don't want to Jiminie, I'll do it myself." she says making up her mind. "I've got to resolve the fights between the commoners as well so I'm busy Noona." Jimin says trying to come up with an excuse. "Ok then, if you see uncle drenched in pink then don't mind." she sings getting up and dusting her hands all while trying to suppress an evil grin making Jimin a tiny bit scared.

 "Bye brother dearest!" she says cheerily and skips out the door whistling a happy tune with Lightning trotting by her side leaving a wide-eyed Jimin with his jaw hanging trying to choose whether he should warn his father about the possible outburst from his uncle or just keep his mouth shut.

Now in a black cloak over her midnight blue suit with black leather at the edges and her favorite black boots, Aurora crept to her uncle's quarters with a huge black bag that contained everything needed for her prank. Creeping past the royal guards was her favorite hobby as in her opinion finding the right time to creep past without getting caught was the most thrilling, furthermore to add to the excitement was the fact that all guards were the sharpest with her uncle training everyone with her father's help. 

One of the guards walked past her hiding spot as she remained hidden in the shadow hoping her hair won't peek out the cloak, feeling something off the guard walks back with a confused look on his face making Aurora's heart beat faster. Lightning sensing her nerves immediately goes into spirit mode becoming a wisp and turning invisible and causing some ruckus in the nearby bushes which was the farthest from Aurora's hiding spot. Both guards immediately head over to the bush to find a white squirrel, very conveniently placed by Lightning, scurrying in the bush with its fur trapped, unknowingly letting past a person clad in a black cloak make her way into her uncle's quarters.

Looking all around to find a good place for the pink confetti and glitter Aurora runs her eyes over the place, Black furniture, black carpets, Gold miniatures, silver statues, man her uncle needed more color in his life. 'Well at least that will be fixed soon enough' she thinks dropping the bag lightly and going on her knees to take out the stuff she needed. Lightning comes in through his spirit form sensing that she needed his help, 'Help me get this over that door please' she conveys telepathically.

 You see unlike other elves Aurora had a very good relationship with her spirit animal, sure other elves could listen to their spirit animal but only when they are in life-threatening danger. Aurora's magic was gold as she put her everything to know more about magic and hence gave up the throne to learn all the limitations, she was one of the two living gold magic users the other one being her father who didn't have time to strengthen or learn more about it. All the other previous gold magic users either died from using their magic for selfish uses or getting used for it and dying a horrible death. Silver was the highest known magic and it was after gold but no one reached that stage.

 Anyways, Aurora learned more and more and she finally found her spiritual side making her able to freely communicate with her spirit animal which is something a silver magic user could do. "Yes, Aurora." Lightning replies telepathically as he majestically floated up with her on his back as she stuck the giant bucket filled with confetti and fine glitter on the wall and tied a small rope to the handle and went around the whole room and came to the door frame again. She taped a part of the string and brought it to the other side of the frame and taped it there so that once the uncle stepped on the rope it would make the bucket fall on him. 

After finishing the delicate operation she stretched her back feeling a bit stiff, her eyes then get caught by a red jewel on a black statue of her father on a table. Since it was the only thing that was a different color in the room she got curious and approached it slowly while Lightning looked on confused. 

She touches the black stone caressing the replica of her father's face which had two red stones that looked like rubies for the eyes, she bends down to have a better look and saw a circular ring on the neck of the statue. She turns the head of the statue warily and hears a loud noise and steps back, the table split into two, opening a passage with steps leading below into darkness. Looking at Lightning with surprise who just looked shocked she went down the steps warily with Lightning going into his spirit form to provide light for her.

A/N: 

 Is everyone dead after this? 

Don't forget to vote!! Love ya 💜