4. Secret plans and Dumb arguments

Step-by-step she went down the jaggedly cut stone steps, darkness surrounding her as the only form of light was the glow of Lightning's spirit, an uneasy feeling erupting in her heart, doubtful of what is waiting for her.

Coming across a wooden door with a brass jaguar adorned on the top she halts, her heart now pounding in fear and anticipation, the back of her hair rising from the suspense as she lifts her hand to open the door. Gulping and with fear in her eyes she hesitates afraid of what she may come across, "You can do this Princess, I know you can." Lightning communicates to her telepathically as he flickered beside her.

Her hand touches the cold metal in uncertainty, she looked at Lightning who now was flickering like a little blue flame. She could imagine Lightning with his hopeful eyes saying that he trusts her and to follow her heart like he always does. Filled with newfound courage, the unsure flame in her heart now burning with courage, and set to find out whatever hiding behind the door that her uncle hides behind his mocking smile, she firms her grip on the knob and turns it swiftly. 

The door opens easily opening into a cave-like structure that glowed brighter than the stars, Aurora squints trying to get adjusted to the light as Lightning goes back into her conscious to not attract any attention. As she looked around her surroundings she notes that it indeed was an underground cave with the light source being the rare gems that were only used for important purposes such as coronations and an important source of the fairy's magical potions. 

The rare gems were scattered everywhere and were in clusters in the center of the cave-like lair giving a magical effect, 'Why are the gems here? Aren't they supposed to be in the fairy realm?' she thought to herself trying to piece things together. Walking slowly drinking in everything she sees she spots a curious section in the middle of the cave's walls, she saw four large hollows on the wall almost taller than herself and approached it to get a better look.

 'Omaran Glynhorn Elrieth', 'Arazana Reyyra Aratris', 'Adthyra Miaqirelle Elrieth' and 'Jeimenor Parkemis Elrieth' were carved separately under each hollow in the familiar handwriting of her uncle's as Aurora's eyes widened in horror making her jaw drop. Her heart pounds wildly in her chest as she shakes her head trying to collect herself and looks around for more. 

Faint footsteps make Aurora freeze in her place, her hair now looking wild as if she was in a tornado. Quickly looking around for a hiding place she sees a big rock jutting out of a corner providing enough place for her to hide without being seen, hiding quickly she calms herself down taking slow breaths not wanting to let her panic flood her judgment and get caught.

 A soldier comes in marching from another corner and stands still as if waiting for someone, Aurora's eyes widen for what seems to be the nth time as she recognizes the  orange hair of the soldier to be one of her uncle's closest confidants who had gone missing a year ago. Another pair of footsteps echo through the path Aurora had come in from earlier this time much louder than the first as if the person was annoyed. 

Clutching her cloak tightly around her hair to not give away her presence she slowly cranes her neck to see the new person, she sees the familiar black-haired elf who loved to defy her father's orders  and annoy her, walk in dressed in his usual black suit and clothes but covered in the brightest pink glitter and confetti. Aurora tries her best to stifle her laughter but clearly, the other elf couldn't as he burst out in a quiet giggle, "Silence, Dorceran!! It's all because of that brat!!" he says angrily jaw twitching in annoyance making the elf known as Dorceran shut up immediately and purse his lips into a straight line. 

"Soon she won't be able to laugh with that mouth of hers that never stops yapping... I will make sure of that." he says sneeringly giving Dorceran chills that shot down his spine. "Are you sure you want to kill her? She could be useful." Dorceran mutters unsurely keeping his head down as he spoke in a hopeful tone, "Hmm as much as I want to finish her off I think it's better if we keep her alive,.... Barely though." Galvo says swinging his hands behind his back as he walks up to the wall with the hollows, Aurora stiffens and stays still almost holding her breath to listen in.